Senior Director, Business Development
Our client is a rapidly growing leader the logistics business. Over the past 50 years, they have built the company into what it is today by treating each other with respect and working together to succeed. The growth and success they have experienced requires smart, dedicated people working in a supportive environment.
- Develop new sales accounts to exceed $5.0M per year with an emphasis on omni-channel fulfillment services. This includes generating prospecting lists, leveraging existing client relationships, and identifying target lists.
- Execute a consultative sales approach to create innovative solutions to new and existing customers.
- Utilize CRM to organize, document, and track business development activities throughout the sales lifecycle.
- Participate in networking events, conferences, roundtables and trade shows events to promote the company and obtain business development leads.
- Collaborate with the marketing department to develop/enhance marketing materials, proposal templates, and prospecting tools to support business development and marketing efforts.
- Actively contribute new leads and opportunities to the sales pipeline through existing relationships, cold calling, superior networking and innovative prospecting.
- Participate in customer review meetings for assigned accounts.
- Prepare and deliver proposals highlighting capabilities and how those capabilities meet the customer’ s needs.
- Prepare formal responses to Requests for Information (RFIs) and Request for Proposals (RFPs).
- Facilitate shared communication with all departments regarding customer requests, procedural updates, contract negotiations, pricing proposals, personnel changes, operational issues and opportunities.
- Maintain accurate and up to date information in CRM database regarding all sales contacts and accounts. Insure weekly reporting of all quotes, face to face contacts, revisions, wins and losses.
- Travel, as required, to meet with existing and prospective customers.
- Bachelor’ s Degree from an accredited four year college or university (preferably in Business, Logistics, Supply Chain Management or related major).
- Must have at least five (5) years of experience in a consultative sales role within the 3PL industry
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong track record in closing sales, working accounts, and achieving sales goals
- Demonstrated success in identifying, qualifying, and closing new business.
- Outstanding communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Operations experience in one or more of the following environments: 3PL, retail, distribution center, or manufacturing is a plus.