AWS Cloud Engineer
1593 Spring Hill Road, Suite 710 Fairfax, VA
Our client is a SBA certified 8(a) and Economically Disadvantaged Woman Owned Small Business (EDWOSB – 8m) with an unparalleled track record of successfully delivering cost effective, high quality solutions based on the industry best practice methodologies.
We have an exciting opportunity for an AWS/Cloud Engineer with a Secret Clearance to support a Federal Government client in Fairfax VA or at Scott AFB. This role will work remotely during COVID but be onsite afterwards
• Write code, building infrastructure as code, work with immutable “ cloud native” based environments, build the supporting automated toolsets to test and deploy systems developed.
• As an CI/CD Automation engineer, analyze, design and implement strategies for continuous deployments while ensuring high availability on the development, pre-production and production environments.
• Experience designing, and developing containerized platform at scale (Kubernetes/OpenShift)
• Maintain services (and supporting cloud infrastructure) once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
• Write, design, code, test, implement, debug, and validate applications; document design decisions and develop modular software components; monitor system performance metrics, and identify potential risks/issues.
• Lead architecture and enabling technologies strategy for data enablement for the organization.
• Lead the technical planning and requirements gathering phases to estimate, develop, test, manage projects, architect and deliver cutting-edge solutions.
• Identify emerging technologies to be assimilated, integrated and introduced within the client environment.
Required Skills & Abilities:
• Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems or related.
• 8+ years experience in Java with 2-5 years of hands-on developing and implementing AWS Cloud-based Applications
• Strong hands-on experience with DevSecOps
• Solid understanding of RESTful APIs, containerization, polyglot programming, caching, as well as Event-Driven and Microservice-based architectures
• Expertise with AWS Services: EKS, EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift, Kinesis, Elasticsearch, S3
• Skilled problem solver with the desire and proven ability to create innovative solutions.
• Knowledge and experience in developing software using Agile practices.
• Solid understanding of use cases for relational and non-relational data and experience writing code against several different database platforms (PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Oracle, SQL Server)
• Comfortable writing code in multiple languages, confident in choosing the right strongly or dynamically typed language for the job. Preferred languages: Java, Python, Ansible, Groovy
• Proficient in authoring, editing and presenting technical documents.
• Powerful and prolific written and verbal communicator
• Must be a US citizen with an active security clearance (minimum Interim DoD Secret)
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a drug free workplace.