307 Ruthar Dr. Newark, DE 19711
With 30 years in the industry, our client is a premier heating, air conditioning, plumbing, and water treatment company that provides a full range of residential services and equipment. This company has a portfolio of brands, is growing rapidly and is quickly becoming a major national player in the industry.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Accountant in Newark DE with GAAP Experience reporting to the Corporate Controller. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, general ledger accountability, and GAAP financial reporting, as well as financial profitability analysis and other special projects as assigned.
• Assist in preparation of monthly Consolidated GAAP financial statements, keep accurate reports and records by collecting, analyzing and summarizing consolidated accounting information. Ensure that company financial reports are prepared in compliance with policies, directives and US GAAP.
• Gather local controllers’ balance sheet reconciliations, review and consolidate general ledger information.
• Prepare consolidated fixed asset schedules and review the local controllers’ schedules for accuracy.
• Oversee the intercompany accounts, ensuring that all eliminated in consolidation each month end close. Follow up and review any discrepancies with the local controllers.
• Provide technical accounting GAAP guidance and support to the company’ s entities. At times, this may include involvement in research and other activities surrounding acquisitions and new pronouncements.
• Assist in the coordination of both internal and external audits, working with the audit teams to supply the appropriate information; As well as supplying requested documents for the Company tax preparation.
• Work with the Controller to completed month end close in a timely and accurate manner.
• Responsible for updating and sending out the monthly close schedule and collecting the monthly check list and responsibilities from the local controller.
• Coordinate Consolidated Vendor Rebate programs and ensure rebates are tracked and recorded properly.
• Assist in projects are they may arise.
• Maintain schedule of company licenses and keep licenses current with the various states and municipalities.
• Coordinate the Inventory Warehouse and Truck counts, working with the warehouses and local controllers to ensure that counts are being completed as required by the company.
Required Skills & Abilities:
• Bachelor’ s in Accounting. CPA preferred.
• 3+ years’ public accounting experience including experience as a Senior Auditor or higher.
• 2+ years US GAAP experience in a public accounting role.
• Strong communications skills both over the phone and in person.
• Technically proficient with strong computer and analytical skills.
• Detail oriented with a focus on thoroughness and accuracy in daily work and projects.
• Ability to meet communicated schedules and deadlines.
• Adherence to policies, procedures and instructions of Manager of Financial Reporting.
• Ability to maintain good working relationships with local controller and others within the organization.
• Ability to function as a team player.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a drug free workplace.