Accounts Payable Manager
307 Ruthar Dr. Newark, DE 19711
With 30 years in the industry, our client is a premier heating, air conditioning, plumbing, and water treatment company that provides a full range of residential services and equipment. This company has a portfolio of brands, is growing rapidly and is quickly becoming a major national player in the industry.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Accounts Payable Manager in Newark DE. Reporting to the VP Finance, the Accounts Payable Manager will manage Accounts Payable functions and processes in a professional and knowledgeable manner. This leader is responsible for daily management of staff and processes all accounts payable duties including invoice processing, invoice payment, analytics, reconciliations, and reporting. This can be a great opportunity for you if you are a strong finance professional with exceptional attention to detail, a continuous improvement mindset and ability to proactively identify and implement improvements to ensure objectives are achieved.
- Provide assistance to operations staff as it relates to accounts payable to ensure business needs are met.
- Manage closing reviews, procedures and corrections as needed.
- Develop and analyze routine metrics and utilize them to drive process improvements, productivity enhancements, identify training or workload balancing needs.
- Manage the integration of accounts payable work relating to acquisitions and integrations.
- Lead, mentor, coach and develops employees.
- Lead continuous improvement to improve accounts payable effectiveness.
- Develop, implement and maintain systems, procedures and policies to ensure adherence to guidelines.
- Foster positive relationships with internal teams and external vendor base.
- Answer questions and assist internal employees with any issues they may experience with AP vendor systems.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Experience in a highly transactional businesses with distributed branch operations.
- Proven success in a dynamic environment including iterative M&A integration.
- Experience working in a centralized processing environment (experience migrating to a centralized environment a plus).
- 7+ years of overall accounting experience.
- 3+ years’ Accounts Payable management experience.
- Strong project management, analytical and problem solving skills, ability to prioritize in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with generally accepted accounting principles and accounting software
- Proficient in MS Office Suite; highly proficient in Excel and PowerPoint.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a drug free workplace.