We have a great opportunity for a Infrastructure Architect to work either onsite or remote full-time at NIH (National Institutes of Health) facility in Bethesda, MD (Rockledge Drive Campus).
• Develop automation solutions using Ansible Tower for infrastructure and applications provisioning and management
• Maintain and ensure the ongoing stability and continuous operations of the infrastructure, data platforms, and software applications serving about 1 million active users
• Develop operational processes and solutions for deployment, monitoring, and management of the multiple software systems and components including COTS, open-source, and custom-built applications
• Serve as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) in automation by leading multiple concurrent projects and assessments
• Design, architect, and implement a secure, AWS-based server and network infrastructure following Infrastructure-as-a-Code principles
• Partner with the Network Engineers, System Administrators and Security Team to enhance the network connectivity and security solutions for the cloud environment
• Propose and implement system enhancements to provide additional functionality and address new virtual infrastructure and security requirements
• Diagnose and resolve system and infrastructure problems quickly
• Enforce best practices for in-cloud and on-premise infrastructure systems, communicate these to development organization, and monitor and enforce compliance
• Research and prototype new products, tools, technologies
• Maintain architecture processes and technical documentation of the IT infrastructure and operational best practices
• 5+ years of experience of leading the design, development and deployment of IT systems for an enterprise organization in AWS and migrating on-premise systems to the cloud
• Strong background with infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting including shell, Python, Ansible and PowerShell
• Experience delivering solutions and administering systems in a cloud environment using laaS and PaaS offerings
• Experience in creating, maintaining and deploying Linux and Windows Gold Image
• Expertise in designing and implementing VPCs, VPC routing, and VPC security
• Expert knowledge of integration of cloud services with on premise and virtual technologies from Microsoft, RHEL, Oracle, HP etc.
• Hands-on Experience with Red Hat Linux and Windows Server operating systems in a virtualized environment
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with experience working in a highly collaborative on-site environment
• Proven experience preparing and presenting technical documentation to various audiences.
• Hands-on experience in maintaining and supporting large enterprise systems in a production environment
• Ability to work on multiple assignments or projects in parallel, balancing time and schedule based on the business priorities of the organization
• Minimum of Bachelor’ s degree, or higher, in a System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field.
• AWS Certified Solutions Architect Certification
Must be able to obtain a Public Trust