Our client’ s mission is simple, ‘ to ensure no one waits for the care they need.’ They deliver software solutions that create real-time results for real-life hospital challenges; powering intelligent care delivery and extraordinary outcomes.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Application Architect in either Pittsburgh PA or Nashville, TN. As a member of the technology team you will create solutions that have a direct impact on hospital staff and patients and will push the envelope to deliver highly automated and intelligent solutions that are redefining what is possible. As an Application Architect, your role will be one of the core members of the team. You will bring your expertise in software design and development to create extensible services into a cohesive platform to work seamlessly across both our company and our customer’ s ecosystems. You' ll work with Analysts, Product and Project Managers, UX, and other software engineers to extend our platform’ s capabilities in support of all company products.
- Understand and interpret requirements contributing to technical architecture & design documents applications in support of cloud platforms.
- Lead design and development of key products.
- Lead process definition and process improvement related to software engineering processes with emphasis on continuous delivery.
- Resource development - train and mentor current staff.
- Maintain current understanding of marketplace and developments related to software engineering.
- Bachelors in information technology, computer science, management (Masters Preferred)
- Experience leading the design and development of software products
- Agile methodologies experience
- Healthcare related experience
- Strong communication skills, ability to learn, demonstrate intellectual curiosity, work in a team environment.
- Self-motivated, passionate and strong leadership skills
- 5+ years experience as an Application Architect or Technical lead.
- 8+ years developing software using object-oriented or functional language experience (Java, C#)
- 5+ years of SQL
- 2+ years of version control systems (git, svn, etc.)
- 5+ years of CSS
- 2+ years of HTML5
- 5+ years of experience using Agile development processes (e.g. developing and estimating user stories, sprint planning, sprint retrospectives, etc.)
- 3+ years in cloud-based development and delivery (e.g. Azure, AWS)
- Familiarity with big data technologies and basic understanding of architectural design patterns
- Familiarity with document databases (e.g. MongoDB)
- Familiarity with distributed computing patterns, techniques, and technologies (e.g. ESB)
- Familiarity with continuous delivery technologies (e.g. Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Docker, Vagrant, etc.)
- Familiarity with build automation and continuous integration tools (e.g. Maven, Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.)
- Familiarity with Agile process management tools (e.g. Atlassian Jira)
- Familiarity with test automation (Selenium, SoapUI, etc.)
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a drug free workplace.