Assistant Corporate Controller
307 Ruthar Dr. Newark, DE 19711
Our client is a premier residential services and equipment provider. This company has a portfolio of brands, is growing rapidly and becoming a major national player in the industry.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced ASSISTANT CORPORATE CONTROLLER in Newark DE. This individual is responsible for general accounting functions including monthly closing activities, generation of related reports and reconciliation of accounts along with accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets administration and payroll administration. In addition, the Assistant Controller will be responsible for making sure internal controls in both general accounting and cost accounting areas are working effectively. This is a fantastic opportunity for a strong professional that wants to grow professionally and thrives in a dynamic environment.
- Provide effective financial analysis and support for the business.
- Monitor balance sheet and profit/loss, reporting issues or opportunities to the Corporate Controller and following up with the appropriate parties to resolve issues or gather additional information.
- Stay informed of any collection or exposure issues that arise with regard to third party customers, bringing (as appropriate) issues to the attention of the senior leadership.
- Identify opportunities to increase effectiveness within our general accounting-related functions and implement solutions, as appropriate.
- Understand and maintain effective internal controls.
- Analysis and reporting required for monthly, quarterly or annual requirements.
- Prepare monthly results reporting package and assist in the analysis of results.
- Ensure balance sheet is reconciled and items arising out of the reconciliations are promptly acted upon.
- Ensure the accounts payable function, payroll administration function, and daily customer billings and collections are handled in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Ensure the accuracy of fixed asset records through periodic inventories and adherence to the policies for acquisition and disposal of fixed assets.
- Ensure compliance with governmental, audit and other regulatory bodies' requirements by preparing or coordinating the preparation of reports and data within the deadlines established.
- Work with external auditors to ensure audits are completed in a timely manner. Provide reviewed schedules to auditors as requested; answer all audit questions as they arise. Participate in all SOX compliance activities.
- Identify areas of opportunity within our operations, policies and procedures where improvements can be made which increase transactional reliability and integrity and which contribute to bottom line results.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor' s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field (MBA, Masters preferred) with 8+ years progressive accounting experience.
- Related professional accounting/business certifications: CPA required, (CMA) preferred
- Experience in businesses with distributed branch operations.
- Experience with Financial Planning and Analysis and acquisition integration a plus.
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning)
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a drug free workplace.