Civil Engineer - Roadway & Transportation
Corpus Christi, TX
Our client is a full-service, multi-discipline firm whose Engineering & Design Group provides engineering, design and drafting services for diverse industrial and governmental capital and maintenance projects.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Civil Engineer (PE) in Corpus Christi TX that will be responsible for roadway and transportation projects and will perform roadway and highway design calculations, conduct investigative analyses toward completion of assigned design tasks, and direct the preparation of design drawings and/or specifications. Job duties include working with designers on isometric designs, assisting project managers on design review and permitting and evaluate proposed opportunities and advance proposal efforts.
• Develop innovative designs for roadway and transportation system improvements, traffic management, roadway drainage design, etc. on Municipal and State highway projects.
• Assist in new business development by contributing to strategic planning, marketing, assisting with proposals and business operations planning.
• Provide coordination of project execution and controls to achieve continuity of purpose within scope, budget, and time schedules from initial start-up through final design.
• Coordinate with project team, contractors, vendors and other consultants to ensure compliance with engineering standards, codes, specifications and design requirements.
• Familiarity with relevant guidelines and standards such as AASHTO Specifications, AREMA Specifications, and state/municipality-specific design criteria/specifications.
• Provide internal quality control for construction drawings, design calculations and specifications to ensure technical accuracy, conformance to project requirements, and overall constructability.
• Provide oversight, support and professional guidance/development for EIT’ s
• Work with Project Management to ensure projects are completed on schedule and under budget. Must be able to independently manage project tasks.
• Maintain documentation/archives of design files, drawings, and construction submittals.
• Proactively communicate with clients, environmental agencies and federal entities on the implications of the construction.
• Provide construction assistance and respond to Requests for Information as necessary.
• Bachelors in Civil Engineering (MS preferred) and a licensed PE .
• 10+ years’ relevant experience including working with an Engineering Firm, City/Municipality focused on roads and transportation.
• Lead by example, performing work and leading others (will have at least 1 EIT report).
• Strong communicator that can engage stakeholders, clients and team members at all levels.
• Ability to travel when required.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a drug free workplace.