Commercial HVAC Tech II
13850 Diplomat Dr. Dallas, TX 75234
We have a great opportunity for a HVAC Service Tech II who performs inspections, testing, repairs, servicing, and planned maintenance of commercial HVAC Systems.
• Diagnoses HVAC system performance through observation, testing and setup as required by trade/position and type/size of equipment to include split systems up to 25 tons, mini split systems, 3 tons/multizone, RTUS up to 50 tons, WSHP up to 15 tons, self contained systems, CRAC units, scroll/reciprocating air cooled chillers, airside, AHUs and EFs. Proficiently operates hand tools, power tools, gauges and measuring equipment.
• Performs disassembly and reassembly of large or small commercial or residential HVAC equipment to perform troubleshooting and planned maintenance as indicated in the service agreement.
• Completes service contracts, quoted projects and demand service calls while maintaining profitability. Develops long-term relationships with customers and explains work performed to the customer' s satisfaction.
• Participates in technician on-call-stand-by rotation as dictated by business unit policies and procedures.
• Safely drives a motor vehicle and trailer as evidenced by past driving performance record. Meets requirements of company vehicle driving policy, and adheres to all company safety requirements.
• Purchases materials and issues purchase order numbers to suppliers.
• Maintains equipment, tools, and inventory stock on service vehicle.
• High School Diploma or GED. Two-year technical degree in related field is a plus.
• 2+ years commercial HVAC experience.
• Possess required registrations, professional licenses and/or certifications
• HVAC Unitary skills: split system - all brands up to 25 tons, mini-split system – up to 3 ton heat pump and all brands MultiZone, roof top units – all brands up to 50 tons, water source heat pumps – all brands up to 15 tons, self-contained systems – water-cooled and air cooled with remote condenser and CRAC units – Leibert/data-aire/Stultz.
• HVAC Chillers skills: Air-cooled chillers – Scroll/reciprocating.
• HVAC Airside skills: Fan Powered Box, VAV Box, VFD Theory. Air Handler: Theory of AHU operation and Theory of control valve operation. Exhaust fans: Centrifugal Up blast Roof Fans and Centrifugal Inline Fan.
• Knowledge of brand specific controls.
• Able to read schematics and blueprints.
• Diagnostic ability as demonstrated through prior experience and/or training.
• Professional demeanor, interpersonal skills with good written and oral communication.
• Strong business ethics at all times.
• Able to work skillfully with both hands constantly.
• Able to independently lift and carry objects safely that weigh up to 20 pounds routinely, 50 pounds frequently and 80 pounds occasionally.
• Able to climb and maintain balance on ladders and scaffold; kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, push, pull, twist, finger, grasp and feel on a constant and repetitive basis; stand, walk, talk, see (20/20 vision naturally or corrected), hear within normal range and perform repetitive motion activities.
• Able to physically negotiate the hazards of a new construction worksite (e.g. uneven surfaces, floor openings, heights, construction debris and poor lighting) and adhere to all company safety requirements.