This Controller position supports our client’ s US-based chemical distribution business ($250MM), and reports to the Finance Leader.
Account Payable Manager Key duties:
- Manage AP. Includes, Customer Vendor Relations, and the AP disbursement group which handles all check disbursements, 1099 and tax related matters
- Manages accounting functions including maintenance of general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable
- Develop, implement and maintain systems, procedures and policies, including accounts payable functions to ensure adherence to company guidelines.
- Manage monthly closing of financial records and posting of month end information
- Provide accounting assistance to managers and operations staff; respond to financial questions/concerns
- Act as a liaison between the company, government and external accountants to meet information needs and to ensure that proper information is maintained for historical purposes.
- Selects and hire employees for the groups mentioned above.
- Train and evaluate employees to enhance their performance, development, and work product. Address performance issues and make recommendations for personnel actions.
- Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities including: revenue/expense and balance sheet reports, development and monitoring of budgets.
- Oversee all purchasing and payroll activity for staff and participants.
- Develop and maintain systems of internal controls to safeguard financial assets.
- Oversee the coordination and activities of independent auditors and the preparation of the annual financial statements is in accordance with U.S. GAAP
- Monitor banking activities of the organization
- Ensure adequate cash flow to meet the organization' s needs
- Prepare financial statements (internal and external)
- Maintain accounting records, including general ledger, payroll and taxes
- Reconcile all accounts
- Manage budgets
- Oversee payroll and staff accountant along with AP and helping AR
- Go to person for legacy Residex ERP issues and provide guidance to fix errors or troubleshoot problems.
- Ensuring income tax compliance and sales tax
- Assist in the design, implementation, and timely calculations of wage incentives, commissions, and salaries
- Handle business registrations and filing for all states and provinces.
- Manage all audits - internal, external, sales tax, 401k - ensure compliance
- Develop the bottoms-up Annual Operating Plan full P&L, DSO, Capital Expenditure planning, and Headcount planning.
- Prepare monthly and FY P&L forecasting
- Integrate new acquisitions, opening balance sheet entries and deferred consideration.