Director, Business Intelligence
We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Intelligence Leader for North America. This individual will be responsible for fully leveraging and positioning our client’ s BI tool’ s capabilities across North America to optimize and operationalize the platform. You need a strong understanding of Business Intelligence, analytics, big data, ML, and AI and have worked closely with developers to enhance BI platforms. You will oversee US business intelligence, provide strategic insights, market information research and reporting to the organization. You’ ll partner with internal business groups to understand what they need to know, then design solutions to achieve the desired results. You will report to the CIO North America.
- Lead critical analytics and insight generation for North America.
- Drive portfolio wide data and analytics strategy, direction and focus, in conjunction with key stakeholders, to align processes across the organization.
- Recommend and implement solutions that improve business decision making through quantitative and qualitative data.
- Create business intelligence from data by understanding the business, the data, and the technology used to collect, store and analyze the data.
- Deliver reporting and analytics to help the business operate more effectively, understand what business questions need to be answered and how to unlock the data to get the answers.
- Develop methods to unlock information held in disparate systems, capture intellectual capital, and derive processes to generate lessons learned and better business outcomes.
- Design and develop data models, code, and cleansing routines that utilize typical data quality functions for data, master data, and metadata.
- Drive improved data quality and consistency across all data solutions in the business.
- Develop and implement a vision to extend/improve existing analytics and reporting.
- Aggregate data from multiple sources in an efficient data warehouse and designing enterprise solutions for large multidimensional databases.
- Develop insights-based presentations from analytics and present to internal stakeholders.
- Create/maintain data flow, data mapping and additional technical documentation.
- Builds and maintains competitive intelligence Organizational Reporting & Strategy.
- Bachelor of Science in Information Systems, Information Management, Computer Science, Data Sciences or relevant field (Advanced Degree highly desired).
- 7+ years in a similar role with progressively responsible experience including professional and management capabilities.
- 10+ years with ETL, data modeling, and business intelligence in big data architectures.
- Experience with Business Intelligence leadership, displaying an ability to go beyond functional expertise
- Acquisition integration experience.
- Proven track record and knowledge of analytics, big data, ML, and AI
- Analysis Leadership skills and experience in business intelligence, data management, enterprise data warehouse, big data, dashboards, as well as BI and Analytics tools, technologies
- Solid understanding of data science principles and analytics and how it is applied to solve business problems and achieve business goals.
- Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to prepare reports, documents, and presentations which communicate concepts to technical, non-technical and executive audiences.
- Collaborate effectively and lead cross-functional teams as needed to deliver results.
- Strong business requirements gathering expertise – work with business users to define and document technical and process requirements.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and proven ability to create innovative solutions.
- Extensive expertise in data definition, data profiling and data quality.
- Experience managing complex projects with diverse teams and developing data driven and outcome-based initiatives to improve business decision making and operational efficiencies.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a drug free workplace.