Director Application Development
Our client, a world leader in Pest Control and Hygiene services, employs nearly 40, 000 people in over 60 countries and is focused on delivering great service to its wide range of customers.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Director, Application Development in southeastern Pennsylvania. This is a critical technical leadership role managing teams that design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks, etc. - including Business Partners and Business Analysts. As a Leadership Team member of the IT department for North America this individual will apply their extensive knowledge of software architecture to manage initiatives associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications, operating systems and databases according to provided design specifications. The Application Development Director will also build enhancements within an existing software architecture and envision future improvements to the architecture. Additionally, this individual must have demonstrated people management ability, analytical expertise and will participate in the development of short, medium, and long-term plans to achieve strategic objectives and will interact with other functional areas and executives. This individual must have strong communication skills and be able to influence thinking and gain buy-in of others in sensitive situations.
- Lead by example and demonstrate the core values of company.
- Build team of strong professionals to coordinate all IT Development activities in support of the business.
- Provide leadership and direction to Application Development team.
- Effectively motivate and lead team members to maximize performance.
- Report team plans, projects, performance, and related matters to Executive Leadership Team.
- Work closely with other senior leaders to assure alignment of IT activities with business partners.
- Ensure that appropriate IT service expectations are formalized and actively managed.
- Participate in the IT planning process.
- Assist IT and Finance in developing cost allocation and budgeting.
- Provide cross-functional coordination of IT resources to deliver against the IT project portfolio.
- Plan, implement and track information technology projects to maximize the return on investment.
- Coordinate resources and manage priorities to support the company’ s goals.
- Ensure high quality in execution and conformance.
- Develop and maintain high levels of technical and business security expertise in all areas of IT.
- Look beyond existing methodologies and own discipline to define and resolve complex problems.
- Develop plans and deliver results in a fast-changing business environment.
- Provide input to departmental strategy.
- Apply and share best practices and knowledge related to application development.
- Leadership. Sets goals; develops teams to achieve business results; drives the implementation of company programs to meet sales and organizational objectives; manages through unusual events to keep the markets operating to standard; manages with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission; plans, identifies, communicates and delegates key responsibilities and practices to ensure smooth operations and delivery of results.
- Domain Expertise. Demonstrated background operations, leadership or functional area including success leading in a distributed, field-based environment.
- Operations Savvy. Action and results oriented; delivers at pace; can be counted on to consistently exceed goals; maintains big-picture view of key projects and initiatives.
- Business/Financial Acumen. Understands business drivers of cost and revenue; able to work with key financial measurements to analyze the business and adjust as needed; how business strategies and tactics impact marketplace perception.
- Builds Customer Relationships. Develops and sustains effective long-term business relationships to create value and increase revenue and market share; builds constructive relationships across organizational boundaries.
- Communicates with Impact. Clearly and consistently gets information across in a timely and effective manner both verbally and in writing. Demonstrates the ability to influence people and get them to take appropriate action.
- Approach to Talent. Is a good judge of talent; hires the best people available and is not afraid of selecting strong people; provides accurate and timely feedback; effectively develops people.
- Lives the Values- Demonstrated track record of exemplary safety performance; builds a strong safety culture throughout the organization; unquestioned integrity; acts consistently with a set of core values and beliefs in both good and bad times; values customer service, openness, honesty and teamwork.
- Bachelors Degree (Masters preferred) in related field.
- 10+ years related experience including 5+ years management experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite 2007 or later, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Advanced knowledge of office applications including Google Suite/GCP.
- Experience with mobile apps and devices (android, chromebook, etc.) for distributed workforces.
- Experience with AS400, Cloud migration and DevOps and Product Development.
- Strong team building experience and Unicorn mindset.
- Ability to travel consistently as driven by business need.
- Impeccable integrity.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a drug free workplace.