Director of Administration
Our client, a division of the world leader in Pest Control and Hygiene services, is a dynamic, high-growth company with over $1.5B in annual revenue that is executing a long-term strategy of organic and acquisitive growth to become the market leader in North America.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Director of Administration. The Director of Administration reports to the VP Operations and provides leadership, support, and oversight of administrative and service functions (5 direct reports, 300+ total staff). This leader will manage administrative departments and positions within the organization, such as customer support and field-based administrative professionals. The position will be responsible for handling budgeting concerns and managing workflow between various departments and locations.
- Collaborates across the business to identify and deliver the required administrative support operations for the organization.
- Produce documentation and champion key departmental processes and knowledge resources.
- Collaborate with management staff to draft and implement an annual administrative budget.
- Set a clear mission and deploy aligned strategies to improve customer service experience, create engaged customers, improve current processes and facilitate organic growth.
- Keep ahead of industry’ s developments and apply best practices to areas of improvement.
- Serve as a member of the organization’ s key administrative decision-making and planning body.
- Provide performance and career development feedback to the team of direct reports. Ensure the team is cross-trained and embraces a team-oriented approach to problem solving.
- Identify, refine, and produce key department performance metrics.
- Establish and maintain effective professional and consultative relationships at all levels throughout the organization.
- Define, document and represent system improvements that will benefit department operations.
- Act as a subject matter expert for operational processes and present to the executive team.
- Monitor and analyze compliance to standard processes and ensure follow up actions are taken at the District, Region, and Market level.
- Draft and distribute statistical reports, analyses, and exhibits to company stakeholders and when required, to regulatory and government agencies.
- Ensure the organization’ s compliance with applicable health, building, zoning, and safety licensing and certification requirements.
- Attend conferences and training as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’ s in Business or related field or equivalent relevant experience.
- Thorough understanding of, or ability to quickly learn, the office equipment, recordkeeping systems, management information systems, and related protocols used in the organization.
- 10 years demonstrated success leading administrative and customer service functions at scale. Call Center experience preferred.
- Deep knowledge of administrative and service functions, processes, and metrics as well as ability to assess, optimize and document these functions.
- Highly professional demeanor with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional and tactful interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with a variety of personalities.
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Extremely proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a drug free workplace.