Financial Planning Analyst
655 Old US 27 South Bay, FL 33493
Our client is a second-generation family owned Transportation company.
We have a challenging opportunity for a Financial Planning Analyst to develop a Financial Plan, Budget and associated tools for the company and provide ongoing support as needed.
- Review and Requirements Gathering (estimate 1 month)
- Work with company leadership to gain clear understanding of revenue model, spending, seasonality and other relevant factors
- Develop Financial Plan, Budget and Tools (estimate 1 month)
- Develop draft financial plan and budget
- Develop draft reports and pricing models
- Review with company leadership and make adjustments to finalize
- Provide Ongoing Support (ongoing, part time commitment)
- 1st 90 days: work with company leadership to refine processes, reporting and communication
- 2nd 90 days: transition day-to-day duties to company and provide ongoing advice to leadership
- Ongoing: monthly financial reviews with company leadership, support quarterly board reviews
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assess historical financials and develop financial plan, budget, pricing models and associated reports
- Evaluate and make recommendations regarding spending, business opportunities and cost savings
- Analyze and track key financial metrics and operational procedures to foster performance improvements
- Assist in building P&Ls needed to analyze new products/services and/or promotions. Review month end P&Ls with company leadership
- Perform analysis of financial statements
- Assists with Close process and the preparation of financial reports
- Consistent exercise of sound judgment and discretion in matters of significance
- Assist with the preparation of budgets and forecasts making sure they are in-line with growth targets
- Provide variance commentary for inclusion in the consolidated financial presentations
- Perform and/or review GL account reconciliations and other schedules to help ensure transactions and activity are recorded completely and accurately
- Work with company leadership to identify issues and determine root cause
- Prepare ad-hoc analyses and reports upon request
- Train company personnel on daily performance of relevant tasks
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’ s Degree or Equivalent in Accounting, Finance
- Experience with accounting, reporting in commercial businesses. Experience working with Small and Medium size businesses and Transportation industry preferred
- Excellent analytical skills; able to identify and solve complex problems through analysis of data
- Experience developing pricing models
- Strong skills, particularly MS Excel and MS PowerPoint and Quickbooks.
- Ability to work remote with limited direct supervision; able to travel to company headquarters as needed
- Highly organized and able to multitask.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with high attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
CognITek is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a drug free workplace.
CognITek is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.