Financial Planning and Analysis Director
Reporting to the Vice President of Finance/CFO, the Director of Financial Planning and Analysis will partner with the VP/CFO, and Finance Business Partners to guide and monitor the strategic financial direction of the all lines of business operating in North America, and Canada. You will primarily be responsible for financial planning, annual forecasts, monthly and quarterly projections and historical financial analysis of operation results and internal benchmarks and metrics. You will interact regularly with our Finance Business Partners, and Market Vice Presidents. You will also interact regularly with the functional department heads and the PMO. You will play a key role in the preparation of quarterly reports and Operating Review documents.
- Supporting and assisting in the strategic planning process
- Coordinating and preparing the annual plan, which includes setting client-specific targets and meeting with Regional and Department Vice Presidents to establish goals and targets
- Analyzing and comparing monthly and quarterly financial results, metrics and key performance indicators against plan and other internal benchmarks (i.e. labor, capital and cash flow analysis).
- Preparing and reviewing monthly and quarterly financial projections
- Preparing quarterly reports including the preparation and coordination of the quarterly Operating Review
- Preparing and presenting periodic performance and financial reports to senior management
- Reviewing and analyzing, from a financial perspective, sales and marketing and other internal company initiatives
- Developing financial models to determine the economic feasibility of proposed projects or investments
- Directing the preparation of special purpose or ad hoc analyze as required
- Liaison to Finance BP’ s and other region personnel to monitor and analyze business performance
- Identifying and promoting the sharing of best practices across regions
- Managing a team of analysts
- The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting/Finance. CPA or MBA strongly preferred.
- 10+ years of progressively responsible finance and accounting experience is required.
- Position requires demonstrated experience at the Director level in a finance or accounting capacity.
- Prior experience leading and developing a staff.
- Position requires excellent interpersonal and communications skills, sound judgment and ability to learn quickly while working in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- The ability to effectively use deliberate influence strategies to impact, shape, or re-direct the behaviors of others, without formal authority.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills such as project management to be successful in preparing annual budgets & plans for multiple business units throughout North America