HR Business Partner - Toronto
Our client, a division of the world leader in Pest Control and Hygiene services, is a dynamic, high-growth company with over $1.5B in annual revenue that is executing a long-term strategy of organic and acquisitive growth to become the market leader in North America.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Human Resources Business Partner in Toronto Ontario. The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) provides leadership and strategic consultation to Leadership, actively participating as a thought leader in driving business performance from a talent perspective. The HRBP will be instrumental in initiating and driving HR programs that add value to the organization and are aligned with business objectives. This position reports to the Field HR Director and works with both Corporate and Field support, including but not limited to Compensation, Benefits, HRSS, Payroll, Talent Acquisition, Talent Development, Facilities, Safety and Legal.
Strategic Partnership with Business Leaders (40%)
• Develop highly collaborative relationships with Leadership providing strategic counsel, feedback, and coaching.
• Develop and drive strategies to meet changing business and talent needs to support the achievement of company and team goals.
• Participate in business leadership meetings as a strategic partner to identify people related implications.
• Work systematically to diagnose problems, analyze data, identify root causes, and recommend solutions for HR related business issues. Develop creative and innovative solutions for improvement.
• Develop and maintain strong partnership with corporate functions, acting as a two-way conduit of information and influence between corporate and the field.
People Planning (35%)
• Develop our leaders and their leadership capabilities to build high performing teams and organizations. Proactively identify opportunities and gaps and provide guidance on practical courses of action.
• Provide leadership coaching at all levels: assess appropriate development, solutions, intervention strategies for each function, including team and bench development.
• Have a pulse on team culture and trends and proactively advise and influence leaders in the planning and development of specific colleague engagement strategies to address, implement, and maintain a highly engaged team and culture.
• Work closely with leaders to help define and implement the people strategies to align with business objectives.
• Lead the enhancement of team capabilities for the market through talent assessment, development, and forward-thinking organizational planning – workforce planning, bench strength, succession planning.
• Lead and support company change management initiatives and serve as a catalyst to ensure changes are implemented with appropriate attention on the change process and people element.
Thought Leader within HR (15%)
• Act as a subject matter expert in HR company initiatives and guide business leaders in implementation.
• Bring research and best practices to the table as a thought partner within HR.
• Interpret and communicate company policies, and laws and collaborate with legal counsel and field leadership to maintain compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
• Support management with disciplinary process and all employee separations to ensure fairness and consistency and to minimize potential liability.
• Support the creation of job offers for leadership roles based on sound compensation principles, guidelines, and judgment.
• Create and lead the onboarding strategy and assimilation for new Regional and District leaders.
• Partner with Employee Relations team on employee relations and internal investigations and advise and collaborate with business leaders to determine resolutions.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’ s in Business, Human Resources, or related field or equivalent relevant experience.
• Prefer SHRM PHR or SPHR certification.
• 5+ years of HR Business Partner experience in a multi-unit field organization
• Bilingual French strongly preferred.
• Experience supporting and partnering on complex HR program development.
• Experience providing strategic HR support to senior leadership roles.
• Experience managing large projects and program rollouts.
• Proven ability to develop strong strategic working relationships with leaders and act as a strategic partner on all people related decisions.
• Proven success with root cause analysis and ideating and implementing effective solutions.
• Knowledge of effective HR practices, methods and processes in all areas including recruiting and selection, compensation and benefits, employment law and employee relations, performance management, and training and development.
• Thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while maintaining focus on delivering objectives.
• Ability to work independently setting own priorities and objectives with leadership support.
• Skilled at focusing on desired results, determining what is important and urgent, identifying next steps, and effectively meeting deadlines and achieving desired results.
• Ability to maintain highly confidential information.
• Detail-oriented, highly organized, able to effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
• Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Knowledge of relevant laws, regulations and requirements related to HR.
• This job is field based and may include up to 50% travel (depending on COVID restrictions).
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a drug free workplace.