HR Communications and Engagement Specialist
Our client is the world leader in Pest Control and Hygiene services (top three in North America) and is proud to be a trusted partner to many of the world' s leading brands across industries as diverse as manufacturing, distribution, retail, foodservice, and hospitality that works tirelessly to enhance the value and impact of their services.
We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic HR Communications and Engagement Specialist in Reading PA. Reporting directly to the Chief Human Resources Officer, this individual serves as HR' s primary internal communications and marketing expert and is key to effectively delivering internal HR communications and maintaining a robust online presence to support effectiveness and growth. This person will partner with HR Leadership to translate visions, goals, and initiatives into tangible and measurable communications and is responsible for a broad portfolio of complex and dynamic information, including employee benefits, payroll, data and reporting, employee events, and policy/compliance matters. Effective communication around these topics must be timely, technically accurate and user-focused. The successful candidate will have extensive experience in technical writing and in conveying communications that are readily accessible, understandable, and visually appealing to a wide range of audiences.
- Serve as the ' editor-in-chief' of HR' s Internal content across multiple communication channels.
- Brainstorm and implement creative ways to capture employees' attention and enhance engagement.
- Be an intellectually curious self-starter, excited about ' creating' in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to manage multiple deadline-driven projects simultaneously.
- Collaborate with, and draw on the expertise of, domain specialists across the Company to connect the right messages with the right audiences.
- Manage multiple communications strategies and projects as SME or lead.
- Proficiently use software applications such as MSOffice, Adobe Creative Suite, content management systems, HTML, web editing, graphic design, emerging technologies and social media tools.
- Demonstrate strong emotional intelligence and a balance of wisdom and judgment.
- Work independently with strategic direction from leadership but minimal operational oversight.
- Engage with stakeholders at multiple levels of the organization, from entry-level staff to senior executives.
- Maintain current knowledge of new and emerging technologies and social media tools.
- Use effective communications strategies to impact behavior through innovative marketing techniques, engaging employees with information, processes, and programs critical to their success and satisfaction.
- Have an affinity for creating clear written communications to support programs, events or initiatives including web content, graphic design, multi-page program guides or overviews, executive presentations, newsletters, emails, info graphics, banners, reports, employee-facing articles and letters, and more.
- 3 years of experience in corporate communications, public relations, advertising or related positions.
- Bachelors in English, communications, or marketing, or equivalent professional experience.
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofing skills are required (familiarity with AP style strongly preferred)
- Project management experience/certification preferred
- Good working knowledge of graphic design principles and Adobe Creative Suite
- Record of working with different media including print and online
- Demonstrated balance of ' right-' and ' left-brain' communications skills, utilizing both technically precise and aesthetically effective approaches to convey important information
- Demonstrated excellent writing, curation, and proofreading skills, with the ability to ask insightful questions to ensure content accuracy
- Proficient with MSOffice, Adobe Creative Suite, content management systems, HTML, web editing, graphic design, emerging technologies and social media tools
- Experience with analytics tools to determine communication campaign success (i.e., Google Analytics).
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a drug free workplace.