HR Manager - Policy/Compliance
Our client, a world leader in Pest Control and Hygiene services, employs nearly 40, 000 people in over 60 countries and is focused on delivering great service to its wide range of customers.
We have an exciting opportunity for a HR Manager – HR Policy/Compliance. This is a newly created role in which the leader will manage the HR policy administration, education and compliance programs of our company to ensure adherence to all local, state and federal laws.
- Draft, modify and implement company policies across businesses in U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico.
- Collaborate with corporate counsels and HR departments to monitor enforcement of standards and regulations
- Support the assessment of business’ s future ventures to identify possible compliance risks
- Review the work of colleagues when necessary to identify compliance issues and provide advice or training
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments within or outside of the company as well as evolving best practices in compliance control
- Administer and manage the immigration and visa process for entering and exiting colleagues
- Adjudicator of the background check process to ensure consistency across the organization
- Collaborate with leadership teams across the organization to ensure the company is aware of compliance requirements and issues
- Develop internal controls and policies designed to ensure that all compliance needs are met
- Work closely with department and/or business leaders to review and enforce all departmental policies for compliance issue
- Develop and oversee control systems to prevent or address violations of legal guidelines and internal policies
- Evaluate the efficiency of controls and improve them continuously
- Review and revise procedures, reports etc. periodically to identify hidden risks or non-conformity issues
- Prepare reports and interpret data for senior management and external regulatory bodies as appropriate
- Build and maintain a positive environment to train and develop team members to foster understanding of broad HR principles, policies, procedures and systems with a high level of customer service focus.
- Perform additional duties as required and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’ s degree and 5+ years of relevant experience leading corporate policy and compliance programs and initiatives.
- Proven experience as compliance manager
- Must possess effective influencing, conflict management and resolution skills.
- Working knowledge and understanding of HR legislation/employment law, principles, policies, and procedures.
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions as it relates to HR policy and compliance is preferred.
- An analytical mind able to “ see” the complexities of procedures and regulations.
- Strong analytical skills, with excellent verbal and written ability.
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency with related software tools including, but not limited to, HRIS Systems, Microsoft Office, with advanced Excel skills.
- Experience supporting US and Canada preferred, additional international knowledge is a plus.
- Proven ability to influence, manage and motivate without direct authority.
- Adapts quickly to changes impacting both technical and non-technical processes, policies and procedures.
- Ability to effective manage a team of 2-3 HR professionals in the process of training, monitoring and auditing for compliance.
- Comfort managing up and across the organization, with strong credibility and the ability to influence leaders and teams; excellent collaboration and organization skills.
- Bilingual English/Spanish or English/French is a plus.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a drug free workplace.