HR Shared Services Manager
Our client, a world leader in Pest Control and Hygiene services, employs nearly 40, 000 people in over 60 countries and is focused on delivering great service to its wide range of customers.
We have an exciting opportunity for a HR Shared Services Manager. This is a newly created role in which the leader will manage the people, processes and systems to ensure the delivery of high touch experiences for our client’ s people and must have a passion for employee service.
- Build and maintain a positive environment to train and develop team members to foster understanding of broad HR principles, policies, procedures and systems with a high level of customer service focus.
- Monitor team interactions with customers and provide coaching to optimize efficiency and the employee/manager experience.
- Actively participate as a working manager on addressing inquiries or requests within the HR case management system.
- Serve as a point of escalation for team members to resolve any complex issues.
- Develop effective communication and training materials for the team to ensure team is providing timely, consistent and accurate guidance in accordance with HR policies and practices across the US and Canada.
- Using established protocols and tiered escalation, ensure response to issues and requests from HR, employees and managers in accordance with service levels agreements (SLAs).
- Maintain and improve operations by tracking trends of incoming inquiries to identify/resolve issues, support continuous improvement and ensure high service levels.
- Oversee the incorporation and delivery of new shared service offerings.
- Prepare performance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Lead assigned projects to migrate identified HR processes and transactions into our systems.
- Analyze key performance data to partner with internal and HR partners to identify, recommend and drive process improvements.
- Monitor data integrity in systems and ensure appropriate and relevant audit controls are in place.
- Partner in the development and implementation of both new and/or changes to supporting HR systems (case management, core HR, onboarding) including supporting systems testing.
- Lead team in providing Tier 1 HR support. Research and report trending issues and share findings with the relevant leaders to develop timely and effective solutions.
- Lead the transformation to employee and manager self-service for HR.
- Understand and proactively act upon opportunities to improve the overall employee experience.
- Actively seek out opportunities to learn from outside the company to bring new ideas/best practices into the company to accelerate our progress.
- Perform additional duties as required and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’ s degree and 5+ years of relevant experience leading a HR Shared Service or business service operations team utilizing service management principles.
- Vendor relations experience.
- Strong analytical skills, with excellent verbal and written ability.
- Proficiency with related software tools including, but not limited to, HRIS Systems, ServiceNow, SharePoint, Microsoft Office, with advanced Excel skills.
- Experience supporting US and Canada preferred, additional international knowledge is a plus.
- Proven ability to build, manage and motivate a team of 15 or more.
- Experience of developing KPIs and SLAs to enhance service delivery.
- Adapts quickly to changes impacting both technical and non-technical processes, policies and procedures.
- Effectively participates in change management initiatives.
- Experience leading process optimization and migration projects.
- Comfort managing up and across the organization, with strong credibility and the ability to influence leaders and teams; excellent collaboration and organization skills.
- Ability to work with minimal guidance/direction, serves as escalation point and decision maker on exception requests.
- Must be able to exercise judgment and independently determine and take appropriate action within defined HR policies and procedures.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Must possess effective influencing, conflict management and resolution skills.
- Working knowledge and understanding of HR legislation/employment law, principles, policies, and procedures.
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions as it relates to HR is preferred.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a drug free workplace.