Head of Insights & Analytics
307 Ruthar Dr. Newark, DE 19711
We have an exciting opportunity for a proven Head of Insights & Analytics. This individual will lead the analytics team and build an effective, scalable enterprise data structure. As the Head of Insights & Analytics, you will set the vision and oversee the data analytics and insights strategy and translate analytic insights into tangible, actionable solutions for the business. The position requires unique blend of expertise in Strategy, Operations, Governance, and Analytics. This individual, develops, optimizes, and oversees data structures that improve the value of analytical data, improves effectiveness of information stewardship, and optimizes the flow of data in the organization. Additionally, this individual serves as the primary contact for senior leadership on all aspects of data, analytics, and insights and must be able to translate business needs into data strategies that support successful operations and growth.
• Be the thought leader on Data, Insights & Analytics and enhance both value and delivery.
• Understand business, technology, operations, and business/market trends, and be able to translate this knowledge into usable intelligence for decision making.
• Work directly with senior leaders to interpret data and provide critical insights for the business.
• Provide solution design and manage development for Data, Analytics and Insights.
• Interpret and deliver impactful plans that specify strategy and improve data integration, data quality and data delivery in support of business initiatives and roadmaps to achieve results.
• Lead a team to translate analytic insights into tangible, actionable solutions for the business.
• Provide expert consulting to create recommendations that incorporate an understanding of business objectives and the analytical skills, tools, data, and processes to achieve them.
• Provide leadership for the adoption and or implementation of data analytics tools.
• Develop a roadmap and vision to account for gaps in measurement infrastructure, working closely with internal and external partners to propose solutions. Act as a point of escalation for time sensitive and highly complex requests.
• Keep abreast of industry, market, and company trends. Ensure that Company' s use of analytics tools is scalable and sustainable.
• Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure the data architecture maximizes value.
• Initiate, evaluate, and influence data projects based on business needs and objectives.
• Set standards for data management and conceive projects needed to eliminate the gap between current state and future goals.
• Research and evaluate existing sources of information, including but not limited structured and non-structured data to determine reliability and usability of data repositories.
• Determine data population levels and other data quality attributes such as value distribution and segmentation of data sources to use these values for scoring of the data to monitor changing trends.
• Evaluate, identify, prioritize, and implement reports, dashboards, validation, and outlier detection.
• Specify cloud database services required to accommodate the needs of analytics and reporting.
• Build and advance a data architecture, data relationship documents, data dictionaries, and other related tools.
• Establish and document data nomenclature standards and data naming conventions.
• Compare and analyze data statistical information such as standard deviation, variance, and outliers to identify patterns, relationships, and challenges for use in analytic decision making.
• Lead development of database reports, visualizations, and dashboards to deliver solutions for the business.
• Bachelor' s degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, or related fields.
• Minimum of 15 years’ experience to include 5+ years in data architecture and analytics.
• Strong knowledge of database structure systems and data mining
• Ability to evaluate and document data sources with limited existing documentation.
• Strong experience in ETL with Data migration, data consolidation, and MDM.
• Experience in Data & Analytics, Reporting & Dashboarding, Governance & Policy Management.
• Experience with Azure cloud operation including efficient storage, data lakes, synapse analytics, and data bricks.
• Experience in an industry with high transaction volume and market/seasonal variations (i.e., retail, residential services, consumer services).
• Experience with systems integration including integrating acquisitions.
• Ability to think strategically and relate data to business needs.
• Analytical mindset and ability to grasp complex topics with experience creating and leading complex projects.
• Familiarity with Business, Solutions, Application, Data, Infrastructure and Security architectures.
• Experience in the design and implementation of data architecture solutions.
• Familiarity with modern data architectures and concepts such as streaming, Big Data as a Service, schema on read and real-time data access
• Ability to assess architectural components required based on business needs.
• Experience across all phases of data modeling, from conceptualization to database optimization.
• Ability to travel as required.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a drug free workplace.