IT Business Partner
Our client, a division of the world leader in Pest Control and Hygiene services, is a dynamic, high-growth company with over $1.5B in annual revenue that is executing a long-term strategy of organic and acquisitive growth to become the market leader in North America.
We have an exciting opportunity for an IT Business Partner in Charlotte NC or Reading PA. Reporting to the Senior Manager, IT Strategic Partnerships this individual is the key interface with the business and aligns technology with business objectives. The ITBP is responsible for managing the lifecycle of the technology portfolio and serves as the business relationship link between functional teams and IT. The ITBP provides consulting, support, and guidance for key IT initiatives by managing the application portfolio to business expectations.
- Communicate changes, decisions, priorities, and relevant project information to appropriate levels of the organization regarding business requests, upgrades, projects, and initiatives.
- Proactively share knowledge of technology and opportunities to build competitive advantage and improve operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Partner with business leadership and other key stakeholders to define opportunities and identify and prioritize projects based on predefined criteria (e.g. return on investment, revenue growth, service productivity, compliance, etc...).
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders across the business functional teams that fosters a sense of partnership and provides leadership in the effective application of technology.
- Apply a strong working knowledge of the organization, capabilities, and strategic objectives to ensure ongoing alignment between business priorities and the application of technology resources.
- Collaborate with management to develop annual and quarterly budgets for respective business areas, in respect of the phasing of IT project costs and benefits.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of application roadmaps to ensure clear business strategy alignment and delivery of expected benefits.
- Develop and implement sound rationale for portfolio management and managing product phase-in-phase-out plans, proactively anticipating gaps and overlaps within the portfolio.
- Represents IT with broad subject matter expertise in solution development and delivery methodologies. Keep up to date on industry trends and innovation and review their applicability to the organization.
- Participate in research in pursuit of solutions and evaluate the applicability of current solutions.
- Collaborate with relevant teams to ensure solution compatibility with organization standards.
- Manage the engagement with internal and external development teams, leveraging best practices in developing and delivering technology solutions.
- Work with business teams to understand end-to-end processes and identify process changes for overall improvement of quality and/or efficiency.
- Develop solution concepts and business cases for new investments, upgrades, or changes.
- Collaboratively develop planned technology investments within the business and IT functional AOPs.
- Business case modelling including the phasing of costs and benefits.
- Possess strong analytical skills, including an understanding of business economics and financial resources.
- Conduct, facilitate or lead Steering Board meetings to prioritize projects and strategic initiatives.
- Assist in the IT engagement processes and ensure compliance to governance standards.
- Collaborate with the Enterprise Program Management and Project Management Office on the intake process and prioritization of candidate projects.
- Communicate status of business case delivery to leadership on a regular and timely basis.
- Facilitate change management as technologies phase-in and phase-out of the portfolio.
- Act as the key liaison across IT and external vendors providing critical technology services. Provide vendor performance management to ensure ongoing quality and value in service delivery.
- Possess a broad knowledge of organizational technical and business resources and use them to effectively coordinate delivery of value to the business function.
- Bachelor' s degree in Business, IT or related field required; MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- 5+ years of proven success as a Business Partner in a dynamic, high-growth environment.
- Experience leading teams and managing customer or stakeholder relationships in a highly collaborative environment.
- Strong communications and listening skills, able to rapidly understand business challenges and create solutions.
- Systems Thinking and Strategic Planning experience including development of Technology Roadmaps, budgets, ect.
- Nimble LEAN thinking to drive change that enables efficiencies and drives growth
- Knowledge of and experience with the Product Development Management Association and/or the Project Management Institute
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a drug free workplace.