Infrastructure Engineer Platform Security
Our client is one of the world' s largest investment companies offering low-cost mutual funds, ETFs, advice, and related services to financial professionals, institutional investors, and individual investors.
We have a challenging opportunity for a Infrastructure Platform Security Engineer in Wayne PA. This individual will provide senior level Tier 3 technical support for the implementation of security standards across multiple infrastructure platforms. To analyze the impact and remediation of infrastructure security vulnerabilities resulting from Security Architecture Reviews and Qualys vulnerabilities scans. To develop technical standards, processes, and documentation relating to patch management and security vulnerability remediation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review and analyze security vulnerabilities reported by Qualys and determine correct course of action (patch, vendor product request, or no impact).
- Implement corrective action or work with appropriate platform SME to resolve vulnerability.
- Provide senior level Tier 3 technical infrastructure support services for issues elevated from the Support Center and other Technical Services groups.
- Ensure reliable operation of production. Diagnoses and troubleshoots availability interruptions and other production issues.
- Plan and coordinate enterprise-wide infrastructure projects with other IT and client teams. Communicates with teams to keep them apprised of status and issues. Contacts vendors to resolve technical issues.
- Test, install, and migrate software, patches, upgrades, applications, and/or hardware.
- Develop technical standards. Tests and evaluates IT vendor products. Writes documentation, including project plans, installation procedures, and troubleshooting tips. Create diagrams, including technical topology.
- Maintain, monitor, and tune Production system and applications performance. Debug source code and performance problems and/or provides debugging assistance to developers. Identifies opportunities to improve system and applications performance (e.g., automating manual system tasks).
- Train and mentor staff. Resolve complex issues elevated from staff with less experience.
- Add, update, and close IT Problem Management database records. Research and resolve complex issues and review related technology records to mitigate impact on assigned system.
- Review numerous IT knowledge repositories to update technical knowledge.
- Learn and understand client area business functions and requirements. Able ity to determine the appropriate technical tool to address the client’ s business needs.
- Thoroughly understand and comply with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established client service levels. Thoroughly understand and comply with Information Security policies and procedures, and verify deliverables meet Information Security and VSA requirements.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Five years’ experience in technical specialty, including one to two years’ hardware/software configuration and troubleshooting experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of the following product support practices and concepts: full project delivery life cycle, IT service level agreements, performance monitoring, tuning, and debugging (e.g., GTF traces, and region and transaction dumps), software and peripheral installation, network protocols (e.g., TCP/IP and ACCP), process/product testing and verification, software and/or hardware setup and configuration, computer networking, technical standards and deliverables, system log files, tasks, account management, and commands.
- Advanced knowledge of one or more IT platforms and products: Windows, Linux, and network infrastructure
- Certification – Holds the appropriate technical specialty certificate or has the ability to attain within 12 months of hire date: See additional information for the specific requirements for this posting.
- On Call and remote/off hours support
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a drug free workplace.
Our client is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.