307 Ruthar Dr. Newark, DE 19711
With Thirty Years in the industry, our client is a premier heating, air conditioning, plumbing, and water treatment company that provides a full range of residential services and equipment. The Company has a portfolio of brands, is growing rapidly and is quickly becoming a major national player in the industry.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Internal Auditor. Reporting to the CFO, this position provides
provides an independent evaluation of risks and controls and is responsible for executing the audit plan under the guidance of CFO.
• Develop an Internal Audit Plan and perform financial, operational, and compliance audits to identify and address risks and maintain an effective control environment
• Actively participate in and oversee audit planning, execution, and reporting
• Review and evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls
• Review and evaluate compliance with corporate policies and procedures, applicable regulations and guidelines
• Present findings to the CFO and management team
• Monitor actions and perform periodic follow up and testing to validate issue resolution and report status to executive management
• Maintain, document, and execute audit programs and procedures
• Conduct risk-based audits to provide clear line-of-sight to the effectiveness of risk management
• Document processes for improving internal controls
• Deliver objective evaluation of the findings, conclusions, and recommendations via audit reports.
• Identify root cause and actions needed to satisfy each audit recommendation and finding
• Share Best Practice operational processes, templates and ideas with the Accounting and Finance Teams
• Bachelor’ s Degree in Finance, Business Administration, or Accounting
• Master’ s in Accounting and relevant certifications (CPA, CIA, CISA) preferred
• 4+ years of public accounting experience - Must be a Senior Auditor or higher
• Experience with independent evaluation and reporting on the state of risks and controls
• Experience with multi-location In-Home Services with seasonal fluctuations and M&A preferred
• Proficient with Microsoft – Access, Excel, Visio, Word & Outlook
• Professionally skeptical and have an inquisitive nature
• Ability to travel up to 50% (primarily local travel that is within a 1-2 hr drive)
• High degree of business acumen and ability to work closely with senior leadership with the proven ability to lead cross-functional teams.
• Operates well in a fast-paced environment: self-starter, ability to execute without significant oversight, and ability to juggle multiple priorities.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a drug free workplace.