1593 Spring Hill Road, Suite 710 Vienna, VA 22182
Our client is a SBA certified 8(a) and Economically Disadvantaged Woman Owned Small Business (EDWOSB – 8m) with an unparalleled track record of successfully delivering cost effective, high quality solutions based on the industry best practice methodologies.
We have an exciting opportunity for a hands-on Java Developer with a Secret Clearance. This role will work remotely during COVID but be onsite afterwards in Fairfax VA, Charleston SC, or at Scott AFB IL and will assist in developing and enhancing code for a mission critical system at USTRANSCOM. This includes participating in design reviews, conducting code reviews, creating test plans, participating in testing reviews, and resolving defects. This position will help in supporting the designs, documents, reviews, and maintenance of software solutions related to various Integration applications. The role operates in an Agile/Scrum environment and requires a solid understanding of the full software lifecycle, including functional requirement gathering, design and development, testing of software applications and documenting requirements and technical specifications.
• Research and assist in development, and/or participates in hands-on installation, configuration, and maintenance of large enterprise applications. This includes troubleshooting production issues, deploying application and configuration components, automation and upgrade.
• Maintain SpringBoot-based microservices. Extend existing services with additional features and create new services as new platform components are created.
• Write quality code, build using gradle, and rapidly fix any bugs found by testers.
• Test Java microservices within the platform -- integration test with other platform components.
• Assist in the documentation for testing and maintenance of system corrections, that will automate tasks and assist in reporting.
• Assist in production support of business applications: start and stop of application instances; troubleshoot application failures and diagnosing performance or reliability issues of applications; assisting application teams in the use of custom support tools.
Required Skills & Abilities:
• A Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in related field or equivalent work experience can be substituted instead of degree.
• 2+ years of Java /J2EE development, concurrency, middleware, and/or distributed computing.
• 2+ years of WebServices (SOAP/REST).
• 2+ years with Relational Databases (MongoDB is a plus) preferred.
• Experience with DevSecOps and Hazelcast in-memory data grid preferred.
• Experience with the Java Virtual Machine, performance tuning and best practices preferred.
• Experience with XML and SOAP-based web services (WSDL/Schema) preferred.
• Knowledge of Docker preferred.
• Solid troubleshooting skills.
• Good communications skills in both writing and verbal.
• Must be a US citizen with an active security clearance (minimum Interim DoD Secret)
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a drug free workplace.