Lead, Information Security Systems Engineer
Our client is a leading technology innovator, solving customers’ toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Our client supports government and commercial customers in more than 100 countries and has approximately $6 billion in annual revenue. The company is organized into three business segments: Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems and Electronic Systems.
The Information Assurance (IA) Systems Engineer will be involved in IA related architecture development, CONOPS development, trade studies, requirements analysis and flow down to hardware/software configuration items as well as requirements validation and verification. This position requires significant DoD IA expertise to support embedment of cryptographic components within tactical radio platforms. Candidate will analyze and allocate system security requirements, such as those imposed by NSA, and those under DOD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (RMF), as well as National Information Assurance Partnership (NIAP) Common Criteria and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) FIPS standards. The Candidate will also oversee and prepare NSA security certification documents, such as System Evaluation Document (SED), Key and Certificate Management Plan (KCMP), Security Verification (SV) Test Plans and Reports, Physical Configuration Audit (PCA) Plans and Reports. The Candidate will interact with mechanical, electrical and SW engineers to make sure designs meet security requirements.
- Minimum BS degree in Engineering discipline with a minimum 9 years of relevant experience developing software-based engineering solutions (7 years with MS degree).
- US citizenship is required.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Highly motivated, a self starter, and able to operate with little supervision in diverse environments.
- Must have a successful track record in planning, executing, and tracking personal task assignments.
- Experience leading small product development teams and mentoring other engineers.
- Experience with emerging security standards and evolution of NSA certification processes.
- Active Secret U.S. Security Clearance or ability to obtain one.
- Experience with security requirements analysis and specification generation.
- Experience with certification of secure architectures.
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information