Lead, Systems Engineer
Our client is a leading technology innovator, solving customers’ toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Our client supports government and commercial customers in more than 100 countries and has approximately $6 billion in annual revenue. The company is organized into three business segments: Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems and Electronic Systems.
- This position requires the demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively with internal organizations (Sales, Program Management, and Operations) to complete assigned projects.
- In this customer-facing role, the systems sales engineer would provide technical expertise to support the development of mission system solutions in support of new business pursuits, proposal efforts and capture within the international tactical systems business. The ideal candidate understands tactical communications with a desire to learn about new customers and cultures.
- If you are looking to take the next step in expanding your horizons as an engineer, then the system sales engineering position is for you. You will work directly with the international sales team, key customers, stakeholders, and partners in support of growing the international business unit.
- Responsibilities include:
- Supporting the RSE team in providing expertise on customer missions, mission Providing expertise on customer missions, mission gaps, and connected sub-system interdependencies
- Directing and supporting pursuit and capture approach, requirements definition, architecture development, system design and integration efforts
- Providing tactical communications subject matter expertise to customers, sales, program management, and systems engineering regarding tactical system solution architectures as it applies to customer CONOPS
- Identifying new opportunities for the TACOM business and networked systems solutions product offerings
- Serving as a voice of the customer to provide timely feedback engineering and product line management
- BSEE/BSCE and 9+ years of experience or master’ s degree with 7+ years of relevant work experience
- Approximately up to 20% short term international travel anticipated
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience to include the areas of Systems Design and Systems Integration with relevant technology, including customer facing support
- Enjoys working with people, developing relationships and sharing knowledge within a team focused environment
- Familiarity with technologies and applications (airborne, vehicular, manpack, and handheld)
- Expertise in one or more of the following: Military Tactical Radio Applications and Systems Design (HF, VHF, UHF, Satcom), IP Networking, Wireless Voice and Data Systems, Platform and Vehicular Integration, C4ISR systems design
- International travel experiences, working with international teams and understanding of cultural sensitivity areas.
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information