Lead Software Engineer
Our client is a leading technology innovator, solving customers’ toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Our client supports government and commercial customers in more than 100 countries and has approximately $6 billion in annual revenue. The company is organized into three business segments: Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems and Electronic Systems.
- This position is responsible for research, design, and development of computer software systems, in conjunction with hardware product development.
- Requires the application of the principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis.
- Works independently or leads a team of 3-6 staff.
- Summarizes technical information and presents recommendations to management.
- Plans, estimates and tracks engineering projects.
- Analyzes software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Consults with electrical, RF engineers and other engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software, and operational performance requirements of the overall system.
- Develops system testing procedures, programming and documentation. Understands basic principles and technical concepts; position provides opportunities to apply theory to practice.
- Creativity in problem solving is expected.
- BSEE, BSCS, BSCE required with a minimum of 9 years industry experience.
- 7+ years with C, and C++ programming language and Object-Oriented Design (OOD) required.
- 3+ years of embedded software development experience in a CMM/CMMI Level 3 environment
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with software emulators/debuggers required.
- Proficiency with multi-threaded design and/or real-time operating systems is required.
- Experience with flash file systems, XML, networking protocols and/or Ethernet switching.
- Experience with Linux host environments.
- Knowledge of IP Networking and Wireless Networking desirable.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance.
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information