Learning & Development Manager
Kansas City, KS
Our client, a world leader in Pest Control and Hygiene services, employs nearly 40, 000 people in over 60 countries and is focused on delivering great service to its wide range of customers.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Learning & Development Manager.This individual will lead multiple, simultaneous initiatives focused on improving the first-year journey for new colleagues and effectiveness of onboarding and training programs to help our client become the Employer of Choice in their industry. The Learning & Development Manager reports to the Director of Talent.
- Assess employee onboarding, training and engagement, develop and implement enhancements.
- Create a positive experience for new employees, measure effectiveness of onboarding, identify and implement improvements.
- Assess training needs, objectives and methods, enhance and align training programs to enhance results.
- Assess current L&D processes, programs and tools, identify opportunities to improve, recommend and implement enhancements.
- Lead assigned initiatives ensuring quality results in close collaboration with HR leaders, stakeholders and team members in a dynamic, matrixed environment.
- Identify challenges and risks associated with assigned initiatives and devise solutions to mitigate.
- Monitor, measure, assess, and provide feedback on effectiveness of assigned initiatives.
- Assess learning needs, manage, design, and develop learning materials for Online/eLearning, ILT, Assessments, and Performance support materials (job aids, facilitator guides, workbooks, etc.)
- Evaluate program effectiveness, impact on the business, and continuously improve solutions.
- Bachelor’ s Degree preferably in a related field.
- Experience in design and development for various delivery styles including instructor lead, self-paced and virtual modalities.
- Demonstrated experience facilitating instructor led training, both in person and video training.
- Experience with leadership and employee development.
- Project Management experience, PMP certification a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of common instructional design models, adult learning principles, and modern learning solutions and an aptitude for learning and using new technology/tools.
- Strong working knowledge of computer software including MS suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and related L&D tools (experience with Fuse Universal a plus).
- Highly organized with well-developed decision making, time management, prioritization skills.
- Demonstrated success in Influence Leadership, relationship building, and consultative communications.
- Willingness to travel as needed.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a drug free workplace.