Manager Regulatory Compliance & Safety
1011 North Park Road Wyomissing, PA
Our client is high-growth company and a leading wholesale distributor of specialty chemicals and related products and services. With more than 40 locations across North America, they have provided products, services, and equipment to multiple industries for more than 80 years.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Manager Regulatory Compliance & Safety Reporting to Leader of the Business and working with all elements and levels of the organization, this individual is responsible for managing the department and all aspects of our client’ s Safety programs (training, audit, incident management, reporting, etc.) and Regulatory Compliance (product registration, licensing, labeling requirements, new product launch, adherence to applicable laws & regulations, etc).
• Coordinates the safety programs to ensure a safe environment consistent with regulatory, environmental, and company requirements and needs.
• Promotes the company mission, philosophy, goals, and objectives by formulating plans, procedures, and objectives for safety programs and by evaluating effectiveness of the program.
• Creates and maintains a work environment that encourages open communication and positive employee relations to establish a climate of openness and trust.
• Seeks out opportunities for staff involvement and innovation to promote employee creativity and to generate ideas to improve functions, devise solutions, and implement plans.
• Understand OSHA regulations and standards, including guidance on handling OSHA compliance, inspections and citations.
• Evaluates hazardous conditions and practices and develops hazard control practices and programs.
• Investigates all injuries and near miss incidents.
• Assists in communicating hazard control information and evaluates effectiveness of the control.
• Keeps apprised of developments in federal and state safety laws likely to affect the company.
• Develop safety policies and procedures and train on them.
• Interface with local, state and federal regulatory inspectors, i.e, OSHA, CUPA, Fire, agriculture, DHS, EPA.
• Develop and implement generic safe working instructions for routine and non-routine work activities based on the findings of the generic risk assessments.
• Develop, implement and maintain a HSE risk register, which identifies the significant risks arising from the business’ s activities and the controls, required to eliminate / reduce these risks to an acceptable level.
• Maintains and Tracks internal training on compliance requirements for OSHA, Fire, Department of Transportation (D.O.T.) and other federal and state agencies for all colleagues on digital platforms.
• Develops and maintains training content and modules on the Learning & Development Platform for education, auditing, and inspection requirements. Conducts training at facility locations as needed.
• Reports Hazmat Business Plans to county fire departments.
• Hazardous Communications coordinator for Safety Data Sheet distribution to all locations— in addition to maintaining revisions.
• Orders and distributes safety, security, and emergency response equipment, PPE, etc. for all vehicles and facilities nationwide based on compliance audits.
• Prepare/submit required license applications & renewals and agency reports on behalf of the company.
• Manage regulatory reporting (i.e., Fertilizer & Seed tonnage), Restricted Use Pesticide submission.
• Responsible for Region Block verifications and releases on customer APL and in NAVISION.
• Works with Purchasing on New Product Approval Process.
• Research statutes and regulations to company initiatives, culminating in clear, concise reports of findings.
• Validate all licenses in accordance with federal, state and county regulations as override scenarios occur.
• Address all Notice of Violation (NOVs) and fines in a timely manner.
• FIFRA and EPA exempt items and submittal to require states for further approval on label issues.
• Classifying state/federal restrictions.
• Communicate licensing regulatory changes to all associates where impacted.
• Responsible for applying/renewing Target Specialty Products Dealer licenses for all locations.
• Bachelor’ s degree required, preferably in Environmental, Health, and Safety.
• 8+ years EHS in a multi-state organization (national preferred) with significant management experience.
• Proven ability to develop strong strategic working relationships with leaders and act as a strategic partner on all people related decisions.
• Strong abilities in root cause analysis, ideating, and successfully implementing effective solutions.
• Maintain knowledge on all compliance trends and recommend changes for all company processes.
• Must be a results-oriented team player capable of working in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
• Must be a self-starter able to work with minimal supervision.
• Must be organized and detail-oriented.
• Must demonstrate strong verbal and written communications skills, along with influencing and negotiation skills, process knowledge in the functional area, and an ability to communicate regulatory and technical issues effectively.
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
• Strong oral and written communication skills with strong attention to detail.
• Working knowledge of safety regulations, OSHA, EPA, hazardous materials, and emergency preparedness.
• Ability to work independently in a highly professional manner.
• Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Strong sense of responsibility and self-motivation.
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
• Effective time management.
• Ensure that all business is conducted in an ethical, legal and professional manner as required by corporate policy and local government regulations.
• Customer orientated mindset.
• Ability to travel up to 25%
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a drug free workplace.