Manufacturing Technician - Orion
Our client is a producer of automation solutions for the electric power and process industries. Their products and services simplify complexity, reduce risk and extend the capabilities of the engineers and organizations making the world’ s power grids and essential process industries more reliable, efficient, sustainable and secure.
About the Role
The Manufacturing Technician – Orion will be responsible for assembling the brain behind the company' s proprietary remote monitoring and control systems used within substations by electrical utilities. We expect our Manufacturing Technicians to be self-starters capable of building several products daily within a technological and rewarding environment. Our ideal candidate will be a self-starter with drive and responsibility to work independently. We also value candidates that continuously pursue learning and are passionate about technology.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Read and understand bill of materials and standard operating procedures.
- Fit and assemble electrical and mechanical parts to specifications.
- Use basic hand tools, soldering equipment and laptop.
- Install identification tags and use handheld bar scanner for inventory control.
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness in work and common areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma or GED; 1-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated effectiveness utilizing Microsoft Office with emphasis on Excel.
- Knowledge of basic hand tools and mechanically inclined.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Positive attitude and eagerness to learn.
- Strong organizational skills.
4 day, 40-hour work week with overtime occasionally