Manufacturing Technician - Systems
Our client is a producer of automation solutions for the electric power and process industries. Their products and services simplify complexity, reduce risk and extend the capabilities of the engineers and organizations making the world’ s power grids and essential process industries more reliable, efficient, sustainable and secure.
About the Role
The Manufacturing Technician – Systems will be responsible for assembling build-to-order large electrical cabinets inclusive of Orion products, relays, knife switches, voltage monitors, ethernet switches, power distribution units, surge suppressors, etc. to be used by electric utilities. We expect our Manufacturing Technicians to be self-starters capable of delivering quality products within a goal-oriented and rewarding environment. Our ideal candidate will be a self-starter with drive and responsibility to work independently. We also value candidates that continuously pursue learning and are passionate about technology.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Read and understand schematic drawings, diagrams, blueprints, specifications, and work orders to determine material requirements and assembly instructions.
- Use of power tools, hand tools & soldering equipment to assemble cabinets.
- Ability to conceptualize end-product and measure precisely to quality specifications.
- Manufactures wires and cables, cut to length, tie for neatness, install identification tags, route in tubing or wire tray, install covers and connectors, and correctly terminate.
- Participate in the preparation of material for shipping to include building wooden crates, packing material and equipment, installing tie downs for securing the load and placing on skids.
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness in work and common areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma or GED; 1-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated effectiveness utilizing hand and power tools and mechanically inclined.
- Previous wiring experience (HVAC, maintenance or electrical experience preferred.)
- Ability to stand for 10-hour shift.
- Ability to lift 40+ pounds regularly.
- Effective with cable tie and cable management.
4 day, 40-hour work week with overtime occasionally