Marketing Back End Developer
With 30 years in the industry, our client is a premier heating, air conditioning, plumbing, and water treatment company that provides a full range of residential services and equipment. This company has a portfolio of brands, is growing rapidly and is quickly becoming a major national player in the industry.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced, hands-on Back-End Developer to join our Digital Marketing team in Newark, DE. The back-end developer will be responsible for server-side web application logic and integration of front-end elements. The ideal candidate will create a functional, seamless user-experience through creating, coding, and improving the server, server-side applications, and databases along with front-end codes. This role requires a team player with the leadership skills to manage multiple projects, each with various versioning requirements, and also meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Write clean, maintainable, and secure code.
- Develop custom WordPress themes and have a working knowledge of custom Gutenberg blocks.
- Integrate user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Optimize the application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Implement security and data protection.
- Design and implement data storage solutions.
- Develop custom REST APIs for mobile app consumption.
- Troubleshoot server/hosting issues.
- Compile and analyze data, processes, and codes to identify areas for improvement.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 4+ years of WordPress development experience.
- 1 year or more agency experience.
- Experience leveraging, adapting, and supporting pre-built WordPress themes and plugins.
- Ability to hand-code WordPress sites that are well structured, clean, and semantic.
- Understanding of web interface and UX design.
- Database management experience and ability to integrate multiple data sources into one system.
- Familiarity with Linux command line tools.
- Experience in user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments.
- Manage hosting environments, including database administration and scaling applications to support load changes.
- Manage data migration, transformation, and scripting.
- Create database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Understand accessibility and security compliance.
- Setup and administrate backups.
- Implement automated testing platforms and unit tests.
- Proficient knowledge of code versioning tools.
- Experienced in security settings and hack-prevents
- Able to output data in different formats.
- Able to differentiate between multiple delivery platforms such as mobile vs. desktop and optimize output to match the specific platform.
- Ability to support rotating schedule and on-call shifts.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a drug free workplace.