307 Ruthar Dr. Newark, DE 19711
With Thirty Years in the industry, our client is a premier heating, air conditioning, plumbing, and water treatment company that provides a full range of residential services and equipment. The Company has a portfolio of brands, is growing rapidly and is quickly becoming a major national player in the industry.
We have a great opportunity for a proven Head of Procurement in Newark DE. This position will create and maintain a strategic procurement function that enables the organization maximize its ability to acquire goods and services at advantageous costs and terms; working across all functions and categories of spending to consistently reviewing pricing and contract terms to reduce cost and increase availability and efficiency.
• Develop and maintain a list of direct and indirect spend by category and function; using input from appropriate functions update and maintain this list to prioritize focus areas to reduce spend.
• Develop and own the procurement process across all businesses, including RFP, contract review and approval, PO creation, linkage to warehouse and inventory processes (as appropriate) and vendor management.
• Deliver 15% annualized cost savings across all categories of procurement.
• Liaise with Blackstone Group and other vendor management/procurement consortia to increase available vendors and maximize cost and terms.
• Lead internal RFP processes for major vendor initiatives.
• Maintain productive relationships with top vendors while ensuring compliance with organizational goals and processes.
• Ensure contracts contain proper KPI’ s and SLAs to allow for the measurement and correction of performance; review performance against contracts regularly with both vendors and internal customers.
• Build and manage a team with the necessary skills in financial analysis, contract analysis and review, and negotiation.
• Bachelor’ s degree and 10+ years relevant experience.
• Proven success developing or enhancing a Procurement function including policies, processes and performance management in a high-growth business.
• Experience integrating acquired businesses.
• A strong negotiator with proven success evaluating and renegotiating supplier contracts to optimize performance and spend efficiency.
• A hands-on leader that can directly engage in optimizing Procurement while building the function and team for success at scale.
• Domain Expertise. Demonstrated background in procurement and vendor-relations; demonstrated success in managing an end-to-end procurement function and process; Strong knowledge and experience in managing in a distributed, field-based environment.
• Delivers Results: Operations Savvy. Action oriented; delivers at pace; can be counted on to consistently exceed goals; bottom-line oriented; clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions; pushes others for results and holds them accountable; works through others to achieve results; maintains big-picture view of key projects and initiatives without getting lost in the details.
• Acts Commercially: Business/Financial Acumen. Understands how the business works including drivers of cost and revenue; able to understand and work with key financial measurements to analyze the business; able to develop actions to correct financial performance; knows the marketplace and understands how business strategies and tactics impact marketplace perception.
• Builds Customer Relationships. Develops and sustains effective long-term business relationships with people, especially at senior levels (internally and externally) to create value and influence vendor performance; can demonstrate the ability to build constructive relationships across organizational boundaries.
• Communicates with Impact - Clearly and consistently gets information across in a timely and effective manner both verbally and in writing. Demonstrates the ability to influence people and get them to take appropriate action.
• Approach to Talent - Is a good judge of talent; hires the best people available from inside or outside; is not afraid of selecting strong people; can accurately assess strengths and weaknesses; provides accurate and timely feedback; actively engages is coaching and developing others; provides opportunities for people to develop.
• Lives the Values- Demonstrated track record of exemplary safety performance; builds a strong safety culture throughout the organization; unquestioned integrity; acts consistently with a set of core values and beliefs in both good and bad times; values customer service, openness, honesty, and teamwork.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a drug free workplace.