Purpose of the Position:
The Project Manager will be responsible for leading new offerings/initiatives for the Brand Standards Business (BSB) through development, validation, implementation and measurement.The Project Manager is a management position reporting to the Director of Strategy and Innovation. The Project Manager is responsible for the coordinated management of large-scale, complex projects which are aligned with strategic business goals.
The Project Manager interfaces with all areas affected by the projects including stakeholders, senior management, and vendors. The Project Manager will possess a strong knowledge of project management, Brand Standards business practices, protocols and procedures, specific customer brand requirements, systems development methodologies and best practices.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Manages on-going projects for BSB
- Directs projects that may require considerable resources and high levels of functional and/or systems integration.
- Identifies and defines successful implementation strategies and helps stakeholders achieve their goals through effective communication and planning.
- Good understanding of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, and financial project controls and accountability.
- Working in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders, responsible for capturing project scope, cost estimates, and deliverables that support business strategic goals.
- Measures project performance using appropriate tools and techniques in order to monitor the progress of the project, identify potential crises, execute corrective actions, and devise contingency plans.
- Initiates and maintains reporting relationships with project stakeholders including team members, peers, managers, customers, strategic vendors, and other affected departments.
- Effectively directs day to day of both internal and external resources to achieve business solutions within project guidelines.
- Responsible for submitting weekly, monthly and yearly reports as required; including ensuring administrative procedures are performed as necessary to complete required reports.
- Establish and maintain effective professional and consultative relationships at all levels throughout the organization.
- Drives innovation process for BSB to implement new projects/initiatives that benefit our clients, internal partners and create new revenue streams for the business.
- Work with idea owners to define and explore potential products and innovative business ideas.
- Develop and validate processes and business cases around new product offerings and new initiatives to understand feasibility, benefit and cost.
- Gather and present data and results to leadership in order to gain alignment for go/no go decisions.
- Lead cross functional teams to collaborate, implement and communicate the new initiative with clients and internal partners.
- Develop and execute a process to measure success of the initiatives over time to quantify business impact.
- Define, build business cases and communicate the business need for new IT development.
- Track and follow up on business resolution management of issues that arise with current technology.
- Bachelor’ s degree in business or management.
- Must have at least three years of operational experience. Experience in a service industry a plus.
- Experience in process implementation and project management.
- Demonstrated ability to execute on projects and initiatives.
- Ability to demonstrate financial knowledge and business acumen.
- Proven track record of success motivating and inspiring a team.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to perform in dynamic situations.
- Must be an independent worker and have the ability to both manage tasks and relationships.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Attention to detail.
- Positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills specifically with the ability to drive consensus.
- Proficiency in Google applications (docs, sheets, calendar, drive, etc) and Microsoft products (Excel, Project, Powerpoint)
- The ability to think creatively and critically to drive results is required.
- Desire to travel by car and airplane as needed.
- Public speaking experience preferred.
- Experience using Project Management software programs
Physical Demands/Tools Used:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Passenger car, telephone, personal computer, other general office equipment.
- Walking, standing, squatting, kneeling, sitting, driving, seeing, communicating, (orally & in writing).