Project Manager (Office of CIO)
With thirty years in the industry, our client is a premier heating, air conditioning, plumbing, and water treatment company that provides a full range of residential services and equipment. The Company has a portfolio of brands, is growing rapidly and is quickly becoming a major national player in the industry.
We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic Project Manager (Office of the CIO) supporting the CIO and facilitating or leading various projects, initiatives and other activities associated with Digital Transformation, Acquisition Integration, and Business Operations Support. This individual needs to have broad Project Management experience, IT knowledge, strong analysis, reporting and communication skills, and significant influence leadership skills. This role reports directly to the CIO and works out of our client’ s Newark DE headquarters (some travel).
• Provide direct support to the CIO including activity coordination, analysis and development of reports and executive presentations, and other ad hoc requirements.
• Lead projects and initiatives associated with Digital Transformation, M&A Integration, or ongoing Business Operations.
• Facilitate all phases of project planning and execution for multiple, simultaneous projects.
• Lead smooth integration of new systems/ tools/ capabilities across the organization.
• Lead project meetings, consult with Business Analysts, subject matter experts and process owners to identify gaps in current state and develop improvement opportunities.
• Influence change to improve results, organization effectiveness, systems/quality/services.
• Partner with stakeholders to drive change management and adoption of project outcomes.
• Collaboratively work across functions to obtain buy-in from all impacted parties.
• Lead change management to ensure adoption of the changes required by a project or initiative.
• Conduct impact analyses, change management assessments and determine change readiness.
• Provide input, document requirements, and support the design/delivery of training programs.
• Identify, analyze, and prepare risk mitigation activities.
• Create actionable deliverables for the five change management levers: communications plan, sponsor roadmap, coaching plan, training plan, resistance management plan.
• Support and engage key audiences: senior leaders, managers, front line personnel.
• Define and measure success metrics and monitor change progress.
• Develop and administer project plans and budgets; identify project goals, strategy, staffing, scheduling, risks and mitigation plans and allocation of available resources; and communication.
• Prepare business cases for assigned projects and participate in planning/prioritization meetings.
• Lead project reporting and documentation; deliver status reports and analysis for management on an on-going basis; track and resolve issues; escalate to management as necessary.
• Coordinate with management to ensure project scope and schedule are adhered to; ensure proposed changes are aligned with objectives and are conducted in accordance with agreed upon project change processes.
• Bachelor’ s degree (MBA preferred)
• 5+ years management and project management experience
• Strong project management experience including demonstrated ability to lead multiple initiatives on both strategic and tactical levels (PMP a plus).
• Outstanding communication skills with a strong executive presence.
• Strong organizational and analytical skills with proven success in a dynamic environment.
• Good Business Acumen - able to understand big picture and downstream impacts.
• Possess exceptional organizational and communication skills with a calming demeanor.
• Highly Results-Oriented: driven to succeed and deliver quality results in a timely manner.
• Judgement Under Pressure: able to think clearly and make sound decisions in challenging circumstances.
• Influence Leadership: able to communicate with and gain buy-in from diverse audiences.
• Relevant Project Management, Process Efficiency certification or experience.
• Proven track record of leading high-profile initiatives including stakeholder management.
• Demonstrated success with business transformations, turnarounds, or M&A integration a plus.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a drug free workplace.