Our client manages the Institutional Construction Service Subcontract (ICSS) for the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, to meet a wide range of construction projects to support the mission of the lab’ s programs. To do this, they employ the craft works in nearly all trades to execute project that range in value from $30k-$1.5M. These projects range in scope from carpet and paint to BSL-2 labs to seismic upgrades of existing buildings to paving projects to heavy electrical & HVAC equipment upgrades/replacements. Given this, we are looking for a scheduler with a solid understanding of all trades and the logical sequencing of activities to generate reliable schedules At any given time, our client has between 15-50 projects which requires an experienced scheduler to ensure that the IRLS is maintained regularly enough to enable accurate projection of manpower needs and, in turn, proactive adjustments to craft labor on staff levels to meet the construction needs of the laboratory programs.
ESSENTIAL SCHEDULER FUNCTIONS:
- The Project Scheduler is responsible for generating individual resource loaded project scheduled to be incorporated into an Integrated Resource Loaded Schedule (IRLS) for all active projects on a $40M per year SATOC.
- The Scheduler shall generate construction schedules in Microsoft Projects utilizing the project estimates as a baseline for the schedule
- The ability to maintain an IRLS is a requirement of this contract, which will be the responsibility of the Project Scheduler
- This is a T&M contract, so analyzing labor data to improve accuracy of schedules is a must. The Project Scheduler will generate fragnets to account for delays on projects as they progress and track long lead times of material on the schedule.
- If requested, the Project Scheduler shall also assist the Estimator in generating a preliminary schedule for submission with the estimate.
- Attend the pre-bid walk to properly account for the activities in the schedule.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- This is a full time on site position located in Livermore CA.
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Position requires a two-year Associates Degree in construction management or 7 years construction scheduling experience.
- Must have advanced practical experience with Microsoft Projects
- Strong working understanding of MEP interior construction
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Adept at using Microsoft Office software.
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely via email and keep up with steady email exchange with the clients on a daily basis.
- Must be able to read, speak, understand and write English.
PREFERED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Certification in Microsoft Projects
- Experience working on LLNL campus
- Construction field experience