Alpharetta, GA 30005
My client is an innovator in Healthcare Information Technology in Atlanta, GA. They offer medical providers cutting-edge technology in the form of fully customizable workflow applications. Their applications allow care-providers on-demand access to pertinent information about their patients within their existing clinical workflows.
The company is growing rapidly and with this growth they are seeking a Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer with effective analytical-thinking and problem-solving skills. This individual must have a keen attention to detail, passionate in process improvement and be adept at working in a cross-functional team environment.
As QA Engineer, you will become part of my client’ s Quality Assurance Team in an effort to oversee and ensure all internal and customer deliverables meet exceptional quality standards.
As part of this team, you will contribute to improving the accuracy, efficiency, and quality of all processes utilized from test design to test execution and to reporting of results. Additionally, you' ll be evaluating complex issues, isolating variables, and determining the best way to test a product for quick and efficient failure detection. All deliverables such as test plans, data collection, and results, etc., must be reviewed by the QA Team to ensure that all deliveries to customers meet or exceed expectations. The QA Team will also facilitate all quality control measures on all company product deliverables, both beta releases and final.
- Build automated frameworks/toolsets to probe the applications/infrastructure and expose security flaws.
- Leverage commercial and open source toolsets to perform static and dynamic analysis on internally and externally developed applications, and effectively communicate findings to development teams.
- Embed security in SDLC by implementing automated test cases related to application security
- Detect security flaws in early stages of SDLC
- Work in tandem with internal and external developers to establish secure software development life cycle procedures.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases through review of complex mobile device failures and determination of test variables to ensure reproduction of failures and capture of supporting data
- Evaluate current data collection and testing processes to identify process improvements
- Design, develop, and assist in execution of new processes for the testing team to ensure consistent quality deliverables
- Coordinate and monitor proper processes are being followed to ensure quality and efficiency
- Ensure quality control of all items delivered to customers such as reports, test plans, supporting data, etc.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs/defects/issues with product releases
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- 3 - 5 years proven working experience in a QA Engineering role with active involvement throughout development / testing lifecycles
- Experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Defect Tracking with JIRA
- Automated testing tools (at least 3 of the following): Junit, Selenium, Cucumber, Gherkin, Protractor, Jasmine, TestNG, FlexUnit, LoadRunner, SoapUI, Karma
- Database Tools (at least 1 of the following): Oracle, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, SQL Developer or other query tools
- Other Tools (at least 1 of the following): Jenkins, GIT, Putty, WinScp
- Desktop application testing experience
- Knowledge of CI to create builds using Jenkins
- Agile/ Scrum/ XP
- Knowledge Amazon AWS services a plus
- Experience Testing Healthcare IT applications a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and observational skills with attention to detail
- Proactive, team-oriented, comfortable with ambiguity, and able to make decisions in the face of uncertainty
- Thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative, and entrepreneurial environment
Education: B.S. or M.S. in Engineering, Computer Science or related subject
Job Type: Full-time Salaried in Atlanta, GA
Experience: 3 years professional experience in Quality Assurance (Required)
This is a Direct Hire opportunity. Please NO Corp to Corp.
Sorry, sponsorship is not available at this time. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.