Senior Backend Developer - Communication Applications
New York, NY
Our client is a privately held financial, software, data, and media company headquartered in New York City that delivers business and markets news, data, analysis, and video to the world.
Data moves global financial markets – and conversations around that data
are central to how markets are shaped. The Communication Channels team builds the
infrastructure responsible for delivering real time communications between the 350, 000
financial professionals on our network.
Our software processes nearly 1 billion instant messages and emails each day. Stock
quotes, trade confirmations, breaking news alerts, and help desk inquiries all flow
through our tightly integrated communication applications, placing our team at the
center of our universe.
Our team’ s software comprises the core of both our instant messaging and email
platforms. We build robust solutions that support a variety of client workflows and we
care deeply about forging strong relationships with all the teams that support these
products. You' ll thoughtfully plan and execute technically complex projects with iterative outcomes.
Our group’ s products seamlessly link the myriad financial and data applications on the
Professional Service system, making us crucial to the company’ s success.
What’ s in it for you:
You’ ll take ownership over problems and systems you encounter while working with a
team of friendly, enthusiastic software engineers. You' ll be responsible for the numerous subsystems that comprise a complete communication application suite, including full content search, file and attachment management, compliance solutions, and integration with other applications built within or outside of the company.
You’ ll find opportunities to bring innovative solutions to the table while growing your
technical expertise. Close collaboration with our product managers and different
engineering teams will ensure that you understand how your software fits in the bigger
We’ ll trust you to:
- Tap into your expertise and help us continue to evolve our software systems as we build new features
- Build scalable, performant infrastructure to support new features and technologies in collaboration with our business sponsors and front-end teams.
- Take ownership of the many systems that are responsible for our clients’ daily workflows and the company’ s day-to-day operations.
- Promote the use of the best technology for a given problem – be it in-house, commercial, or open source software.
- Mentor and be mentored by your colleagues who have different areas of expertise and experience in software systems engineering.
- Build first-to-market features while maximizing the stability of our systems and planning for future feature iterations.
You should have:
- 3 or more years software development experience
- Comfort in at least one compiled language and one scripting language
- Exposure to full-stack development
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We’ d love to see:
- Experience developing and managing large real-time distributed systems
- Interest or experience in improving deployment and SDLC processes
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity at their company. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.