Senior F5 Network Engineer
Our client is one of the world' s largest investment companies offering low-cost mutual funds, ETFs, advice, and related services to financial professionals, institutional investors, and individual investors.
We have a challenging opportunity for a Senior F5 Network Engineer in Wayne PA or Charlotte NC. This individual will provide senior level services focusing on designing, installing, configuring, and integrating F5 network technologies. Provides project leadership for design and installation projects using standard technologies.
- Provides senior level network services, including installing, configuring, and integrating network technologies. Obtains quotes and justifies business need. Identifies stake holders and forms project team. Conducts functional testing and provides recommendations based on the results. Verifies installations meet production acceptance standards.
- Participate in content delivery environment build activities including creation of virtual servers, profiles, encryption policies, and iRules based on customer requirements.
- Configure Global Traffic Manager services and policies
- Configure Access Policy Manager services and policies using two-factor authentication.
- Provides senior level Tier 3 network services for complex issues elevated from Tier 2 support groups. Identifies failing components.
- Provides senior level network design and debugging services to development teams. Works closely with developers to implement reliable, manageable, and secure solutions that meet standards and add value.
- Identifies issues, interprets trends (e.g., traces of network traffic), and implements improvements.
- Writes documentation, including policies and procedures. Creates diagrams, including network designs.
- Adds, updates, and closes records in the IT Problem Management and Change Management databases.
- Trains and mentors staff. Conducts formal training sessions, one-on-one sessions, and recommends training vendors. Troubleshoots and resolves complex issues.
- Completes capacity planning activities, including monitoring and tracking capacity metrics. Initiates actions to prevent degradation caused by capacity issues.
- Identifies opportunities to automate manual system tasks.
- Thoroughly understands and complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established client service levels. Thoroughly understands and complies with Information Security policies and procedures.
- Participates in special projects and performs other related duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Five years’ network technician experience.
- Previous experience with F5 global and local load balancing, iRule creation, SSL and persistence profiles
- Working understanding of code and scripting (Python, PowerShell, Rest API)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills and strong project leadership skills.
- Advanced knowledge of network practices and concepts: Network architecture design, technical standards and deliverables, troubleshooting tools (e.g., log analysis and network traces), software and hardware installation and configuration, network protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, routing protocols, etc).
- Advanced knowledge of IT platforms: Client/server, Microsoft Windows, Routers and switches, Linux.
- Advanced knowledge of current versions of F5 GTM, LTM, APM
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a drug free workplace.
Our client is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.