Senior IT Sales Executive - Life Sciences
Our client is a global business and IT services provider specializing in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services and is a partner to 85 % of the Fortune 100.
We are currently seeking a Senior IT Sales Executive - Life Sciences Chicago to join the team in the greater Chicago market.
The ideal candidate for this position has 8-10+ years of IT Sales experience and strong relationships in Pharma/BioMed/Medical Device industry. Additionally, a deep understanding of Information Technology sales and technology and/or professional services sales. The primary role of this sales position is to generate, qualify, and closing new business at the Senior IT Management Level and C-Level.
- Hunt for new business within a large complex client accounts
- Create and maximize pipeline opportunities in multi-million dollar transactions that involve Application, BPO, Infrastructure & Consulting Services.
- Utilize Consultative Sales approach so to position the company as a Business Partner within the Life Sciences client C-Suite and to develop value propositions for one strategic or several large opportunities.
- Establish criteria to qualify deals; conduct initial assessment if a deal is a " go/no go" and perform periodic internal checkpoints to help mature deal content.
- Utilize advanced knowledge of service offerings and understanding of the customer' s business to develop customized proposals that present creative solutions that successfully sell the organization' s capabilities.
- Develop new accounts and/or expand existing accounts within an established geographic territory, industry, product segment, or channel.
- Collaborate with solution teams to ensure that delivery capability matches the proposed solution.
- Maintain a high level of industry, organization, product and service knowledge to transfer this knowledge to customers and prospects.
- Communicate to primary prospect and client contacts at CEO, CIO and CTO level.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 40% of the time.
- Strong understanding of Life Sciences service solutions industry/industries.
- Connect within key LS target accounts in pharma, bio tech or med devices/ distribution space. Worked either as seller or client executive within any of these target industries with high performance track record.
- Ability to provide access and hunt and open new logo in assigned target accounts through previous track record and executive connections within those target accounts.
- Sells primarily complex managed services, full IT Outsourcing solutions, application services and industry vertical solutions to include things like regulatory compliance solutions, digital solutions, mobile solutions, transformational services, managed services, application management/support, ERP (SAP, Oracle, Salesforce).
- Demonstrated ability & success at meeting and/or exceeding annual quotas of $6 million-Revenue/$12 million-TCV.
- Demonstrated experience selling to Life Sciences customer base.
- Recognized as a thought leader on the industry.
- Requires strategic agility to interface and successfully influence multiple C-level executives within the customer organization.
- Sells to large national and global accounts.
- Focuses on selling services solutions across geographies, segments and/or industries.
- Ability to assess potential sales opportunities and develop value propositions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrates boardroom executive presence.
- Bachelor’ s degree or four years equivalent experience
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in technical and/or professional services sales
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in Life Sciences