Senior Payroll Manager
Our client, a world leader in Pest Control and Hygiene services, employs nearly 40, 000 people in over 60 countries (10, 000 in North America) and is focused on delivering great service to its wide range of customers.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Payroll Manager in Reading PA. This technically proficient leader will manage the entire payroll function for North America. This individual will lead, coach and develop a team of payroll processors to provide excellent customer service to all levels of the organization. This leader is responsible for processing payroll in a timely, accurately and fully accountable manner; preparing and reconciling of payroll and addressing variances; monitoring and developing processes to ensure compliance with all applicable federal and provincial regulations, legislation and company policies. Additionally, this individual has full accountability for Federal, State and local taxes being administered accurately. Other responsibilities will include responding to inquiries and/or requests for data and/or reports.
- Lead by example and demonstrate the core values of company.
- Demonstrate leadership by maintaining a skilled and accurate team of customer focused payroll processors. Hold staff accountable for accuracy of work.
- Manages preparation and processing payroll for salary and hourly employees in accordance with payroll legislation. Maintains complete and accurate documentation in accordance with payroll legislation.
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of all payroll cycles, for all lines of business, maintaining data integrity. Calculating and processing instant checks as required.
- Ensure commissions coded properly are paid accurately and on time
- Prepares and responsible for accurate and timely GL feeds and all PTO accrual reports for finance.
- Prepares accurate senior management reports.
- Leads and manages the implementation of all newly acquired companies into in-house payroll system.
- Oversee reconciliation and preparation of remittance garnishments and Workers Comp as per schedules.
- Implements approved salary increases and bonuses in accordance with company practices/policies.
- Monitors statutory holiday and sick utilization, verifies vacation accruals and performs vacation audits in a timely manner.
- Issues ad hoc, monthly, quarterly and annual reports including timely processing of accurate year-end tasks not limited to w-2 preparation.
- Processes all year end activities/reporting including Worker’ s Compensation, as well as preparing and filing of all year-end related tax forms and summaries.
- Timely responds to internal and external inquiries related to payroll.
- Maintains accurate and detailed records documenting payroll functions for internal and external audit purposes, in accordance with statutory requirements.
- Uses related regulations & legislation such as ERISA and DOL, etc. and best practices to develop, make recommendations and implement payroll processes.
- Oversee processing of GL feeds for finance and create payroll journal entries as needed.
- Accountable for accuracy of GL coding, partnering with finance to ensure accuracy and P&L integrity.
- The incumbent oversees and is involved in auditing and processing of new hires, terminations, status changes, allocation changes, pay rate increases, retro and bonus pay, and instant checks on the HRIS system,
- Prepares import templates for salary increases and retro and bonus payments,
- Assists with other responsibilities/projects as needed
- Uncover opportunities for improvements in the payroll compliance process and within our HRIS/Ultipro system.
- Required to maintain current Payroll Regulation knowledge and notify management of changes that will affect the business financially or operationally
- Post-Secondary education required; Accounting/Finance specialization and/or CPP certification preferred.
- Minimum 4 years recent experience with a complex payroll.
- Current knowledge of US payroll legislation / regulations, accounting principles and the Employment Standards Act.
- Strong understanding of and previous payroll processing management experience utilizing payroll systems, preferably with an in-house system
- Superior Microsoft Office Proficiency, especially in Excel.
- Capable of organizing and prioritizing tasks in an effective manner while working under pressure to meet strict and tight deadlines.
- Ability to take initiative, multitask, probe, analyze and problem solve payroll issues and technical problems, while maintaining and enforcing strict confidentiality on payroll / HR related matters.
- Efficient and effective oral and written communication to all levels of internal and external customers required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong customer-oriented approach.
- Impeccable integrity.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a drug free workplace.