Our client is the only drone delivery solution that has solved the last inch logistic problems with its patented system that provides a secure and convenient delivery receptacle for both drone and traditional deliveries.
We have an immediate need for a senior programmer that has current, hands-on experience with programming in PX4 (open source) for drones/Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs). The ideal candidate has adapted PX4 flight controls for more than three (3) custom drone designs within the last two years. He/she will also have deep experience with C++, and understand the major components onboard a custom business level drone. The ideal candidate also has experience with drones and/or aviation in general and may be an FAA Part 107 commercial drone pilot. He/she should be self-motivated and curious about flight controls and unique flight profiles with novel navigation systems as we build something that has never been done before.
This is a contract hire position performing on-demand work with two partner companies building a very specific landing and takeoff profile into a custom quad-copter drone.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Adapting PX4 code to a custom use
- Programming and debugging C/C+/C++
- Interpreting flight controls and flight profiles into computer models and then into flight control inputs
- Balance and synergize two partner companies’ requirements into a single development project
- Agile development with 3-week sprints
- Flight test and adapt the code with empirical results
- Deliver final code with documentation, to include meeting open-source reporting
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Programming or related field
- Masters+ degree preferred
- Aeronautical degree is a bonus
- PX4 experience mandatory, with at least three demonstrated custom drone designs and installations
- 5+ years agile software development experience
- Scrum master is a bonus
- Ability to synchronize disparate requirements into a cohesive plan
- Project Management Professional (PMP) is a bonus
- Part 107 drone pilot is a bonus
- Airline/Commercial/Private pilot license is a bonus
- Radio controlled pilot is a bonus
Our client is an equal opportunity employer.