Senior Software Engineer - Data Infrastructure
As the Software Engineer, Data Infrastructure, you will be at the center of our client' s Data Engineering. Your key areas of focus will be building scalable data & analytics pipelines. This role will be based in New York/Connecticut reporting to Sr. Engineering Manager, DMP Data team and will work collaboratively with DSP & SAS Data teams. This is a highly visible role requiring strong engineering skills using state of the art big data technologies.
Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Build fault-tolerant, scalable batch and real-time distributed data processing systems using Kafka, Spark, Vertica, Hive, Map-Reduce, HBase, Java/Scala/Python etc.
- Low level systems debugging, performance measurement & optimization on large production clusters
- Participate in design discussions and take ownership and responsibility of key components
- Maintain and support existing platforms and evolve to newer tech stacks and architectures
- Contribute to open source and represent Sizmek in technical conferences
- 5+ years of experience in working with large scale/high-throughput/multi-tenant distributed systems using one or more of the above technologies
- 5+ years of experience building software in at least one languages in a production environment (JVM experience preferred)
- Ability to design and independently implement scalable components using above technologies
- Strong team player and self starter
- Experience or interest as open source contributor
- Experience with columnar databases such as Vertica, HBase will be a plus