Senior Specialist, Electrical Engineering
Our client is a leading technology innovator, solving customers’ toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Our client supports government and commercial customers in more than 100 countries and has approximately $6 billion in annual revenue. The company is organized into three business segments: Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems and Electronic Systems.
- Responsible for designing, developing, modifying and evaluating electronic parts, components or circuitry for RF/Analog hardware systems under the guidance of Lead engineers. Assists in determining design approaches and parameters.
- Assists in analyzing electrical requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Assists in selection of components and equipment based on analysis of specifications and reliability.
- Performs engineering RF/Analog design tasks, detailed experimental testing, operational test and fault isolation on radio systems and equipment. Evaluates results to assist in development or problem resolution.
- Performs electrical and/or mechanical troubleshooting to determine cause of problems in radio equipment.
- Uses test and diagnostic equipment to evaluate radio equipment performance.
- Documents designs and test results. Provides detailed test reports.
- Updates and maintains Engineering documentation.
- Provides support for tactical radios (handheld, manpack, airborne), power amplifiers and accessories in a manufacturing environment.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve complex technical issues with radio products issues experienced by customers.
- 4+ years’ experience with MS (Masters) or 6+ years’ experience with BS in (Electrical Engineering, or a related field) with RF/Analog design focus
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Well organized, Detail oriented,
- Adaptable, able to work in team environment of varying disciplines
- Knowledge of radios or communication systems
- Familiar with use of test equipment (Spectrum Analyzer, Oscilloscope)
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Applications
- LabVIEW/Test programming a plus
- Experience in circuit simulation (eg. Keysight ADS, Ansys HFSS, Keysight EMPro, Keysight Genesys)
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information