Senior Storage Engineer - SAN/NAS
Our Client is a leader in financial solutions and is actively interviewing to hire a Sr. Storage Engineer in Charlotte, NC.
The Sr. Storage Engineer will be responsible for providing expert level Tier 3 infrastructure platform services for Our Client’ s most critical operations initiatives and to ensure reliable operation of the production environment. This includes platform leadership, troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving the most complex hardware and/or software issues.
The ideal candidate is a Storage Engineer with 8+ years of hands on experience and has senior to expert level knowledge of both SAN and NAS switches.
- 8+ years experience as a Storage Engineer with Senior to Expert level knowledge of either SAN or NAS switch
- Expert knowledge of the following operations practices and concepts: printing systems, system utilities, software installation and configuration, IT service level agreements, full product life cycle, networks, technical standards and deliverables, troubleshooting techniques, log files, network protocols (e.g., TCP IP, DLC, and ASYNC).
- Expert knowledge of one or more of the following: VMWare, MQ, AWS, CRS, Active Directory, VMax, VPlex, SIDF, EMC Clone, Snaps, Flash, IBM Xiv
- Proficient in BSH Scripting
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills and negotiation skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide expert level platform and operations services, including troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving the most complex hardware and/or software issues and outages elevated from the Support Center and Technical Services groups. Maintain and troubleshoot hardware and/or software systems (e.g., applications, proxy servers, and fire walls) on multiple platforms. Diagnose and troubleshoot availability interruptions and production issues.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of new technologies and major releases for the most critical enterprise-wide IT infrastructure projects.
- Coordinate with builds and engineering groups to identify systems of risk and communicate to appropriate groups.
- Mentor, coach and develop junior staff on processes and technologies. Troubleshoot and resolve the most complex issues escalated from staff. Assess IT risks, dependencies, and conflicts.
- Monitor and resolve automated system alerts and alarms that indicate system functions were not completed within established service levels. Recommend automated monitoring enhancements.
- Coordinate resolution activities with IT groups across systems and platforms (e.g., availability team), so they occur in sync. Communicate issue status.
- Troubleshoot, configure, and tune systems. Install software, patches, upgrades, applications, and/or hardware. Test and evaluate IT vendor products. Review IT vendor literature to identify product deficiencies, work arounds, and scheduled patches and updates.
- Write documentation, including policies and procedures. Create graphics, including IT problem notification flows. Administer the platform documentation repository ensuring freshness and completeness. Add, update, and close records within ServiceNow and manage timely update and resolution of issues. Review related records to identify requests that may have an impact on systems.
- Respond to platform inquiries and resolve the most complex issues. Review shift logs and turnover reports and suggest improvements to facilitate the transition to incoming teams and resources. Monitor ticket hygiene and ensure all incident related documentation is in good order.
- Administer system activities (e.g., internet availability). Identify performance issues and trends. Identify opportunities to improve system and application performance, including automating manual system tasks and shepherd the implementation of these efforts. Persuade and influence peers and management on the benefits of any improvement efforts. Participate in change management and related meetings to identify systems issues. Present project initiatives and metrics. Create ad hoc reports of significant system trends, including problem occurrences and responses.
- Thoroughly understand and comply with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established client service levels. Thoroughly understand and comply with Information Security policies and procedures.
- Provide strategic platform leadership to ensure sustainability and health of the platform. Identifies brittle or fragile infrastructure and works with the engineering organization to remediate by providing suggestions for the development and design of the infrastructure. Provides leadership to analysts in the organization and enables them to identify trends and opportunities to improve the operation. Serves as a consultant to SI partners ensuring that only the most robust solutions are introduced into the environment.
- Lead and participate in special projects and performs other related duties as assigned.
Education: Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
Experience: 8+ years Storage Engineer + Expert SAN and/or NAS
Location: Charlotte, NC
Job Type: Full Time, Salaried, In-Office M-F, normal business hours
**Sorry, NO sponsorship is available at this time. U.S. Citizenship or Green Card is REQUIRED.**
***This is a direct hire opportunity. Please, NO CORP to CORP***