Sr IT Infrastructure Engineer - Storage
Our Client is a leader in financial solutions and is actively interviewing to hire a Sr. IT Infrastructure Engineer (Storage) in Wayne, PA.
The Sr. Storage Engineer will be responsible for providing senior level data center infrastructure services focusing on designing, installing, configuring, integrating, and automating data center technologies (compute, network, and storage). Provides project leadership for design and installation projects using standard technologies.
The ideal candidate is a Senior level Infrastructure or Storage Engineer with 5+ years of hands on experience with senior to expert level knowledge of both SAN and NAS switches.
- 5+ years Infrastructure engineering experience
- Enterprise-level storage expertise with at least one: SAN, NAS, Block Storage, Data Replication Strategy
- Data center technologies: VMware tool suite (ESXi, vCenter, vROPS, vRNI, vRB, etc.) and networking with experience in at least one of the following technologies: VMWare, Routing and Switching, Application Load Balancing, Data Back-up Technologies, Next Generation Firewalls preferred
- Working understanding of code and scripting (Python, PowerShell, Rest API)
- Advanced knowledge of the following practices and concepts:
- Network, storage and VMWare architecture design, technical standards and deliverables, troubleshooting tools (e.g., log analysis), software and hardware installation and configuration, protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, routing protocols, storage replication, etc.).
- Advanced knowledge of multiple IT platforms: Client/server, MS Windows, Routers and switches, Linux, VMWare, Firewalls, Data Back-up
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Strong project leadership skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides senior level infrastructure services, including installing, configuring, and integrating enterprise data center technologies. Obtains quotes and justifies business need. Identifies stake holders and forms project team. Conducts functional testing and provides recommendations based on the results. Verifies installations meet production acceptance standards.
- Implements opportunities to automate manual system tasks.
- Provides senior level Tier 3 services for complex issues elevated from tier 2 support groups. Identifies failing components.
- Provides senior level design and debugging services to development teams.
- Identifies performance issues, interprets trends, and implements improvements.
- Writes documentation, including policies and procedures. Creates diagrams, including network, storage, and compute designs.
- Adds, updates, and closes records in the IT Problem Management and Change Management databases.
- Trains and mentors staff. Conducts formal training sessions, one-on-one sessions, and recommends training vendors. Troubleshoots and resolves complex issues.
- Completes capacity planning activities, including monitoring and tracking capacity metrics. Initiates actions to prevent degradation caused by capacity issues.
- Thoroughly understands and complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established client service levels. Thoroughly understands and complies with Information Security policies and procedures.
- Participates in special projects and performs other related duties as assigned.
Education: Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
Experience: 5+ years Infrastructure/Storage Engineer + Expert SAN and/or NAS
Location: Wayne, PA
Job Type: Full Time, Salaried, In-Office M-F, normal business hours
**Sorry, NO sponsorship is available at this time. U.S. Citizenship or Green Card is REQUIRED.**
***This is a direct hire opportunity. Please, NO CORP to CORP***