Service Center Manager
Our client is high-growth company and a leading wholesale distributor of specialty chemicals and related products and services. With more than 40 locations across North America, they have provided products, services, and equipment to multiple industries for more than 80 years.
We have an exciting opportunity for a strong, hands-on Service Center Manager in Jacksonville FL. Reporting to the Regional Operations Manager, this leader will direct warehousing, distribution, and customer service operations, assist in sales activities, and directly supervise warehouse, customer service and delivery staff. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; monitoring of overtime; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing issues and resolving problems in conjunction with Regional Manager.
• Conduct daily team meetings with staff, communicate anomalies, provide team goal of the day – Communication with Sales Manager & Reps all issues that would affect sales and deliveries.
• Ensure the delivery of branch performance against KPI’ s Order/ Backorder fulfillment & Customer Satisfaction (CVC).
• Review purchase needs – Daily/ weekly process with Buyer & Sales Assistance (weekly 1-1 meetings).
• Update forecasts provided by sales with the location’ s buyer.
• Communicate effectively with all sales and Ops staff with status of purchases placed.
• Complete investigation and process all item adjustments for loss or damaged inventory in NAV 18.
• Communicate with AP (Accounts Payable) and location' s buyer any delivery shortages & damages occurred during shipment.
• Review payroll for all branch hourly colleagues (weekly, Thursday).
• Conduct monthly branch communications and safety training for Sales, Admin & Operations.
• Maintain RUP (Restricted Use Pesticide) dealer’ s license for the location. Encourage employees to attain their license and further their knowledge of industry and products.
• Ensure all delivery vehicle registrations and IFTA tabs are all current.
• Perform inventory control function for the branch. Minimize inventory levels while minimizing stock out rate. Weekly cycle counts and annual full physical inventories.
• Maintain facility maintenance (Roof, HVAC Facilities, Overhead doors etc…) and all other required safety equipment. Operate facility and fleet to OSHA and DOT standards or greater.
• Coordinate distribution and warehousing activities in accordance with policies, principles, and procedures.
• Report all accidents and near misses within 48hrs.
• Ensure all employees strive to achieve a great customer experience through excellent knowledge, communication, and appearance.
• Maintain high level of morale with your team.
• Support the Service Center Supervisor, Customer Service and Warehouse staff.
• Ensure your staff is appropriately trained for role cross training. Create a team with a bench, train colleagues to be specialists with the ability to bridge across multiple disciplines and to complete all necessary tasks for business each day.
• Ensure staff is held accountable to their job roles and responsibilities. Share successes with of the branch with colleagues, as well as holding everyone accountable for their performance on the team; and how it leads to everyone success.
• Communicate and conduct (Verbal/ Written and Final) warnings with approval of Regional manager and Human Resources.
• Communicate and conduct all performance evaluations for location colleagues.
• Review locations staffing level requirements, submit needs to Regional manager for approval and posting.
• Review with Sales large key accounts that require additional assistance for effective customer service and inventory needs.
• Have solid working knowledge of the products we carry and know where to go for answers on subjects less familiar.
• Create a strong working relationship with the location internal customers for inventory and delivery needs.
• Input all customer RUP (Restricted Use Pesticide) and required state licensing details to appropriate customer ship to.
• Conduct monthly communication meetings with location staff and sales team (forward all notes to corresponding leaders to understand current situation.
• Monitor billings for accuracy and communicate with appropriate personnel to resolve discrepancies or verify unusual items.
• Ensure proper safety procedures are followed and that employees are trained and certified or licensed, as required.
• Develop plans for efficient use of materials, equipment, and employees.
• Must be willing and able to do anything needed at the branch location.
• Other duties may be assigned.
• Bachelor’ s, Associate’ s, or Technical Degree or equivalent related experience.
• 5 years’ experience managing a warehouse or distribution center of a similar size and complexity.
• Proven ability to develop a strong team and customer service management skills.
• Experience in professional pest and turf & ornamental distribution or products preferred.
• Demonstrated capability of using data and KPIs to identify areas of improvement opportunity in a warehouse or distribution environment.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
• Demonstrated ability to quickly learn Company software and processes (training provided)
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals, including translation of such to subordinates and peers. Writes routine reports and correspondence. Speaks effectively before employees of the organization.
• Valid driver’ s license; CDL Class B license a plus.
• Ability to obtain any State Pesticide Dealers License or equivalent within 3 months of hire date.
• Must hold or obtain Industrial Lift Truck Operators certification within 1 month of hire date.
• Able to apply good judgement to carry out written or oral instructions and independently solve problems.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a drug free workplace.