Sr Process Engineer - PetroChem
Our client is a full-service, multi-discipline firm with extensive refinery, petrochemical and terminals capabilities.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Process Engineer in Houston TX that will be responsible for the day-to-day technical support of a variety of refining and petro-chemical projects with emphasis on plant improvements, process safety and process consistency. Interface with various Client functional teams including Safety & Environmental Services, Maintenance, Reliability, Project Engineering, Process Controls, Process Safety, as well as internal multi-discipline project teams across multiple offices. This position will report to the Manager of Technical Services.
• Establish Process Design Basis refining & petro-chemical projects.
• Create and modify PFD’ s and P&ID’ s.
• Perform hydraulic calculations and simulations using HiSYS Software.
• Champion and promote a strong safety culture.
• Develop Process & Instrument Data Sheets and Specifications.
• Participate in Client HAZOP & PHA reviews.
• Lead or participate in cross functional project teams.
• Assist with the internal migration of best practices and consistency initiatives.
• Some travel. Primarily Gulf Coast region Client sites and other company offices will be required. Travel outside of the region or international travel is normally not expected to exceed 10%.
• Bachelors in Chemical Engineering (MS preferred).
• 15+ years’ experience in Process Engineering including downstream and/or mid-stream (Engineering Firm experience preferred).
• HYSYS modeling experience (certification preferred).
• Full project lifecycle experience from Conceptualization through Commissioning.
• Strong technical and communications skills.
• Positive attitude and be able to quickly adapt to changing situations.
• Demonstrated ability to build productive relationships with clients and colleagues.
• Self-starter that can work independently as well as lead/participate in cross-functional teams.
• Manage multiple priorities, drive issues to completion and obtain results.
• Detail-oriented with an ability and desire to persevere.
• Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a drug free workplace.