Sr Technical Proposal Writer - REMOTE
1593 Spring Hill Road, Suite 710 Vienna, VA 22182
Our client is looking for an experienced Senior Proposal Writer to support our growing Federal systems integration and consulting business. This individual interprets customer requirements and works with Subject Matter Experts (SME) to write clear, concise, and compliant responses to Request for Proposal (RFP) requirements. Proposal writing assignments may include white papers, proposal content such as management plans, technical content and solutions, past performance and corporate experience, staffing plans, resumes, oral/video proposal presentations, and marketing material for growth or new business pursuits. This candidate would join a fast-paced and highly talented team that is focused on winning new business for the company.
• A successful candidate must possess the ability to work collaboratively with solution architects, subject matter experts, and executive leadership to capture key concepts and ideas while maintaining consistency in messaging and strategy using proper tone/voice.
• This individual will participate in the internal capture process and ensure compliant delivery of capture related products that include proposals, Engineering Change Requests, etc.
• Assignments will include but are not limited to the development of; Proposal Volumes (Management, Technical, Past Performance, Corporate Experience), Executive Summaries, Staffing Plans, Resumes, Oral Proposal Presentations, and Video Proposal Presentations.
• Support the Internal Marketing Team by writing white papers and narrative for selling documents.
• Edit, standardize, or make changes to material prepared by other writers.
• Participate in peer editing and production review.
• Work within and across matrixed teams to produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended Federal audience.
• Bachelor’ s degree from an accredited university and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or master’ s degree with 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
• Expert level technical/proposal writer with business development and competitive proposal experience.
• Able to gather information in a variety of ways (brainstorming sessions, whiteboarding, interviews, research, consolidation of previously developed written materials) and translate it into compelling documents.
• Convey strong analytical problem-solving skills.
• Perform as a delivery focused, results orientated, proactive self-starter.
• Be a collaborative team player with high professional standards and work ethic.
• Ability to take complex subject matter and distill it down to laymen terms for senior executive briefings and decision making.
• Ability to communicate with positive impact.
• Ability to adapt to schedule changes & slips, project re-scopes, and customer directed changes to ensure compliant product delivery.
• The successful candidate will be able to join new projects quickly and work effectively with a diverse and dispersed group of people.
• Teamwork is an essential quality, as is the ability to work effectively while under tight deadlines.
• Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.
• Knowledge of Shipley Proposal Processes
• Experience in creating written materials for Agile software development processes