Technical Services Director
Our client is the world leader in Pest Control and Hygiene services (top three in North America) and is proud to be a trusted partner to many of the world' s leading brands across industries as diverse as manufacturing, distribution, retail, foodservice, and hospitality that works tirelessly to enhance the value and impact of their services.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Technical Director to provide leadership to our client’ s technical team and to shape its technical delivery, training, growth strategy, and reputation as the leading global provider for pest services. The North America (NA) Technical Director will be responsible for developing and optimizing the Technical team, as well as driving operational excellence and process leadership in Technical Services that are aligned with the COO and the organization' s growth agenda. The NA Technical Director will provide leadership to the Regional Technical Directors/Managers, Technical Service Managers, Training Manager, Regulatory Compliance individuals and other support team members. This position will develop and lead various lines of business (LOB) to align with the Technical Department. Some LOBs that need development include bird management, weed control, fumigation, bioremediation, termite, and bed bug services. The NA Technical Director will also participate in our corporate training academy and may participate in presentations to state and/or national industry organizations and represent our client as an industry expert.
- Execute plans to ensure consistent delivery, process, and outcome across the Technical department resulting in improved performance.
- Provide Leadership to the Technical Support Team including the Regional Technical Directors/Managers, Technical Service Managers, Training Manager, Regulatory Compliance individuals and support team.
- Provide Technical leadership and product/service quality stewardship across the business unit ensuring that both best operational practice and safe working practices adhere at all times.
- Ensure that service and sales staff are technically competent, throughout the business unit and across all lines of business, taking corrective action by providing training or coaching where there is a shortfall.
- Ensure conformance to both local legislation & regulations, and company policies; to take timely corrective action in the event of any shortfall ensuring any risk is communicated.
- Drive identification and adoption of best practices across the North America businesses.
- Provide specialist and expert technical support to the business, including customer support, training, troubleshooting, and best practice consultancy thereby underpinning ' Experts in Pest Control'.
- Provide one of the principle conduits between the North America business and our client’ s global team through active participation in the Global Technical Virtual Network, regional technical meetings and strategic initiatives.
- Driven to achieve goals and the discipline, organization and perseverance to deliver outstanding service.
- Set and meet stretching goals.
- Set high standards and objectives linked to strategy in order to exceed performance deliverables.
- Lead a team to address unfamiliar and/or new problems.
- Specify and manage key milestones to achieve long term objectives.
- Persevere to deliver results in multi-faceted and challenging assignments, with multiple stakeholders.
- Think ahead (12-24 months) to initiate changes to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of processes.
- Gather and assimilate large amounts of information to make business and customer focused decisions.
- Analyze relevant industry information to spot trends and predict opportunities and threats.
- Influence others by making very complex business issues simple.
- Boil down ideas and complex analyses into simple commercial messages.
- Target actions to maximize business benefit using a thorough commercial understanding.
- Make tough decisions in new or unknown situations.
- Able to remain calm, focused and optimistic while dealing with a constant stream of demands.
- Able to remain objective under pressure from a variety of sources.
- Demonstrate an understanding of own emotions and how feelings impact on behavior.
- Resilient and resourceful, maintain perspective and ' bounce back' from difficult circumstances.
- Maintain clarity, enthusiasm and confidence through periods of intensive effort.
Coach and Develop
- Encourage long term development of others to build capability.
- Coach individuals over a period of time to help them identify and work on their development gaps.
- Ask questions to get people to their own answers.
- Understand what interests, motivates and drives others to help shape their development.
- Review progress regularly of his/her team members to support their development.
- Encourage people to take risks and make mistakes as part of learning.
- Recognize and assesses the ability and potential of team members.
Work with Others
- Build relationships and collaborate with others to achieve mission.
- Have a broad view and empower colleagues and peers.
- Build relationships to promote collaborative work internally and externally.
- Work effectively across boundaries (e.g. across regions and divisions) to achieve a common goal.
- Create consensus amongst key stakeholders with different views to establish a shared approach.
- Make decisions and plan actions in the wider context of the Group.
- Inspire others to achieve objectives while maintaining accountability for high standards of performance.
- Take care of people and gain loyalty to the vision.
- Highlight the successes and achievements of the team.
- Develop confidence, presence and influence across the team and business.
- Protect and promote the team and its reputation within the organization.
- Take active steps to obtain the necessary personnel, resources, training, and information for the group.
- Master' s Degree Entomology, Biology or other related field (or bachelor’ s with demonstrated expertise).
- 10+ years of experience (5+ years Leadership experience), including Team Development, Strategic Planning, Technical Services and relevant specialized
- Read, write and comprehend written and spoken English to communicate effectively and professionally.
- Possess service orientation with desire to make a positive impact on all customers and colleagues.
- Successfully work and multitask in a fast-paced team environment.
- Be self-motivated and possess exceptional organizational and communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite 2007 or later, especially Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Have knowledge of Google Suite, especially Google Drive and associated programs.
- Able to travel as required and periodically work extended hours to meet objectives.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a drug free workplace.