Commercial Maintenance Sales Representative
Cherry Hill, NJ
We have an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Maintenance Sales Representative in the Cherry Hill NJ area. The Sales Representative will be responsible for selling maintenance service programs to commercial building owners and users. This high profile, hands-on position requires a results-focused energized individual who has experience identifying and selling services to owners, senior executives, and other financial decision makers to expand our client’ s service maintenance with new clients.
- Represent the Company in a courteous and professional manner and treat all customers and employees with respect, utilizing their ideas and suggestions whenever practical.
- Work with Department Managers in support of the corporate goals, mission and vision.
- Support, and as required, train, and mentor commercial personnel so that they productively, accurately and efficiently accomplish their job in a timely manner and to the mutual benefit of the customer and the company.
- Support business profitability by ensuring quality work practices
- Timely and effective billing at set schedule.
- Meeting attendance as required.
- Resolve internal and external customer concerns in a timely, efficient and cost-effective manner, projecting a professional and customer-friendly attitude.
- Complete assignments on time.
- Company travel and education enhancement as required.
KEY SALES COMPETENCY AREAS:
- SALES SKILLS - Able to qualify prospects, make effective sales presentations, answer questions and objections in a proficient and responsible manner. Aggressively manage quotes to close sales
- TIME MANAGEMENT – Able to plan and efficiently schedule appointments and manage personal time to assure maximum productivity.
- SURVEYS & PRICING - Able to appraise and survey mechanical system, determine repair, modification and/or maintenance requirements. Able to interpret drawings, equipment and job conditions. Properly apply company pricing policy.
- ACCOUNT EXPANSION - Able to increase existing customer maintenance coverage and/or other services.
- MARKET DEVELOPMENT – Able to identify prospects in assigned market. Promptly follow up on leads and referrals. Establish customer rapport and identify needs. Maintain an active backlog of quotes to assure booking goal is consistently met.
- CUSTOMER RELATIONS – Promptly address customer concerns to assure resolution and maintain long-term positive relationships.
- MECHANICAL SYSTEMS KNOWLEDGE - Have a sufficient understanding of mechanical systems to accurately appraise and inventory systems components, evaluate general conditions and recommend the best maintenance program.
- SALES PRESENTATION STRATEGY - Understand the prospect’ s organization and decision-making process. Anticipate and answer objections. Commit the prospect to a decision making timetable.
- COMPANY RELATIONS - Build and maintain rapport and positive working relations with field, office and management personnel to resolve problems, exploit opportunities and maximize profits.
- EXTERNAL RELATIONS – Build rapport and productive working relationships with customers, vendors and other outside agents. Effectively represent the company’ s interest to outside agents to maximize profits.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE/AREAS OF KNOWLEDGE:
- Prior sales experience and training
- General knowledge of HVAC systems, temperature controls, sales process, and operations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Strong problem solving ability.
- Ability to actively listen, analyze and provide solutions is necessary
- High School diploma or equivalent. A College degree is preferred.
- Requires travel to and from job sites or potential jobs sites within the greater New Jersey and surrounding area.
- Requires occasional overnight stays
- Adhere to all company policies and budgets.
- Knowledge of MS Office (MS Excel, MS Word, MS Powerpoint), the internet, and various other software programs.
- Valid driver’ s license with a clean record.
- Continuous educational development in the Sales and HVAC field etc. Attending seminars, work shops, or vendor equipment / system specific training.